FLIGHT

Flight 8 in stores Summer 2011 - www.flightcomics.com
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:43 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Just got Flight 3
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:56 pm 

I love Flight. I love the artists, the ideas for periodic anthologies, and the work being produced. That being said, this is what I think of Flight 3.

I enjoyed it, however I thought that the story depth that Flight 2 had was missing from Flight 3. There were a lot of comics about monsters...a lot of comics that were wordless and fantasy-based. Not to say I have anything against these comics, but there was a nice balance between these comics and the longer more depthy comics in Flight 2.

Once again, I know that the makers of 'Flight' are on these forums periodically and I mean for my comments to be taken as helpful criticism in a really amazing project that I can't wait to see more of.

Thanks for making these!!

-Amelia

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:46 pm 

Good comments there. Thanks!

I guess the types of stories are going to fluctuate from books to books. More dephty in one, more fantasy in another. Let's see where the next one takes us :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:22 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks for the feedback, Amelia. :D Johane's right in saying that the book tends to fluctuate. The way the book turns out really depends on a number of factors, including people's personal schedules. The artists whose work I think you're referring to just had too much on their plate to do a Flight story this time around. Hopefully, we'll see more work from them.

As it is, I think Flight 3 is unique, and the artists, though pushing in a slightly different (and perhaps more focused) direction, still bring a lot of depth to what they're creating. I'm always surprised to see how each book turns out, and I'm looking forward to seeing where the artists take the book next.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:31 pm 

Sorry Amelia. :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:51 pm 

Michel Gagne wrote:
Sorry Amelia. :cry:

For what? I loved the fox story (-:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:40 pm 

Oh goody! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:16 pm 

Where has Jacob Magraw-Mickelson gone?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:02 pm 
Site Admin

Jacob has been busy with gallery work lately. He turned in a comic a while back, but it was incomplete, so we didn't end up publishing it...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 8:58 pm 
Flight Moderator

moved to the comments section. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:34 am 

Tarnations!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:34 pm 

Hi, this is my 2nd post to the forum I believe, even though I regigster a long time ago, I don't know why I never posted anything, anyways..I just got my first flight book today as well, it happens to be latest installment, and well I spent 3 hours reading/analyzing the whole book, I enjoyed it....ALOT

My biggest criticism is not the stories within the book, its the book that i got, i don't know if anyone had the same problem but, half way through the fox story and part of the fairy story, it seems as though the book wasn't printed properly, the colors or ink didn't over lap properly and shifted a little creating a blur effect, so yea, that's my biggest criticism. They were such great stories too. Other than that I thought some of the stories were too short and wanted a little bit more depth as well.

Overall Flight 3, brought me joy, sadness, excitement, and more. Note: I personally don't like sad stories, well because it doesnt have a happy ending, and I thought Polaris and the Iron Gate were some of the saddest stories in the book, BUT some of the best. Polaris is the only story in the book I cannot bring myself to read again, it tore me up inside when I finished it and gave me a single tear moment. It was such a great story with lots of twist, but very sad, I will read it one day again though. The Iron Gate, though sad, it was one of those stories I kept reading over and over. I would tell you my other favorites, but i'll keep that to myself, I hate publically picking favorites.

All I can say is I can't wait for Flight 4, while I'm waiting I'll make sure I'll definitely buy the first two Flight book.

Post subject: Re: Just got Flight 3
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:06 pm 

ditto. i especially loved the story of the robot and the sparrow. that story was the main reason why i bought volume 2 and subsequently volume 1. i'm not saying volume 3 is bad though. i guess what i'm getting at is volume 2 is still my favorite out of all 3 volumes. :)

Rocky wrote:
I love Flight. I love the artists, the ideas for periodic anthologies, and the work being produced. That being said, this is what I think of Flight 3.

I enjoyed it, however I thought that the story depth that Flight 2 had was missing from Flight 3. There were a lot of comics about monsters...a lot of comics that were wordless and fantasy-based. Not to say I have anything against these comics, but there was a nice balance between these comics and the longer more depthy comics in Flight 2.

Once again, I know that the makers of 'Flight' are on these forums periodically and I mean for my comments to be taken as helpful criticism in a really amazing project that I can't wait to see more of.

Thanks for making these!!

-Amelia

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:28 pm 

skyblueff0 wrote:
Quote:
My biggest criticism is not the stories within the book, its the book that i got, i don't know if anyone had the same problem but, half way through the fox story and part of the fairy story, it seems as though the book wasn't printed properly, the colors or ink didn't over lap properly and shifted a little creating a blur effect, so yea, that's my biggest criticism.

Yeah, I was pretty devastated when I saw that too. Hopefully the problem will be fixed on upcoming printings. By the way, the little fox's name is Rex, a character I created nearly 10 years ago for the book "A Search for Meaning: The Story of Rex".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:47 pm 
Site Admin

Michel Gagne wrote:
By the way, the little fox's name is Rex, a character I created nearly 10 years ago for the book "A Search for Meaning: The Story of Rex".

Yes, and everyone should go read it right now. Seriously. Or better yet, buy a copy. It was the first book of Michel's that I ever read, and it's still my favourite of his to this very day.

Sorry for the shameless promotion, but I just had to get that out there. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:57 pm 

Greetings Flight commenters,
Rocky wrote:
Quote:
"I enjoyed it, however I thought that the story depth that Flight 2 had was missing from Flight 3. There were a lot of comics about monsters...a lot of comics that were wordless and fantasy-based. Not to say I have anything against these comics, but there was a nice balance between these comics and the longer more depthy comics in Flight 2."

Valid comments all. I purchased volumes 1 and 2 after discovering "Flight" through Kazu's Copper and Bolt City. The page image for Flight reminded me so much of Vaughn Bodé it inspired me to do some paintings as well as purchasing the first two issues. I loved both very much - the graphics I found wonderful. The stories on the other hand were very uneven for me. Some I really enjoyed, others did nothing for me. With the arrival of volume 3 I was surprised to find that in addition to the wonderful artwork ALL the stories pleased me. I'd mention titles but that would require a working memory, something I really don't have. Regardless, for me, volume 3 is the best one yet. Hopefully volume 4 will return to more depthy stuff for you Rocky and then I'll probably be able to comment (as the cantankerous aging freak that I am) about how you youngsters are doing stuff that I just don't understand...
Now where did I put that Geritol?