The Ricky Gervais show anyone?

General Discussion
pogi

The Ricky Gervais show anyone?

Post by pogi » Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:04 am

Hi all,

I just found this podcast show(Ricky Gervais Show)...through Itunes,and I love the show. I can't remember when I laughed so hard. The problem is,I've only been able to listen to the last four episodes,and I know that there are a few more before these. Can anybody point me in the direction of finding the earlier Ricky Gervais episodes? I'm willing to pay for the download...as the show is the best thing I've heard in a while...

peace

also,if you have heard the show,what do you think?
check my blog
http://rjohnb.blogspot.com/
updated weekly 8)

Scruffy

British Gervaision

Post by Scruffy » Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:14 am

Are they not available from the Guardian Unlimited website? Or Rickygervais.com?

And yes, brilliantly Britishly funny!

-Scruffy

pogi

Post by pogi » Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:15 pm

only the latest 4 are available. I've been able to somehow find episode 4,but I can't download it,only play it on my computer...it was the funniest of their shows,especially the part about the guy who went to the moon...

thanks anyway for the response...
check my blog
updated weekly 8)

Scruffy

Bein Gervaisive

Post by Scruffy » Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:06 pm

That is weird - even iTunes only has 7 through 10. Odd...

-Scruffy

Nick

Post by Nick » Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:12 pm

I know a guy at work has some of them on his computer. I'm not sure which ones, but I might be able to check on monday if you haven't been able to sort anything else out before then. I say 'might' simply because we're testing out a new network and its widely acknowledged that we're going to have some 'fun' when we try to get everything working. :)

EDIT: actually I think my brother has some, if he gets his arse onto msn tomorrow I shall find out.

pogi

Post by pogi » Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:16 pm

yeah,only 7-10...I'm kind of disappointed I didn't find this show earlier :D
karl pilkington makes me laugh so hard. I'm not sure if its real,or planned,but he's brilliant...

hey nick,thanks for the effort dude...whatever the outcome,I appreciate it guys...

peace
check my blog
updated weekly 8)

Nick

Post by Nick » Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:58 am

Success! Check your PM pogi. I've been meaning to listen to these myself, so now seems as good a time as any. 'The Mighty Boosh' is also another hilarious Radio series about a couple of zoo keepers...VERY surreal. They also turned it into a TV series over here, but in my opinion it's not a patch on the radio series as ones imagination isn't limited by a TV budget...well at least I'd hope not :P Might be one to look out for too.

Cheers

peng8noodles

Post by peng8noodles » Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:55 pm

accck, i love the ricky gervais show!! i see you have the ingenious karl pilkington as your icon, pogi. i have all of the shows. if anyone wants em, just contact me!! :D :D

pogi

Post by pogi » Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:08 am

again nick,thank you so very much...I am so happy to listen to my new episodes...those blokes got me saying bullocks now :lol:

my favorite quote is when karl talking about the one astronaut being the lonliest man in the world...the first time he said it was gold...

thanks for the offer peng8noodles,I got all the episodes now,but I appreciate you offering...

peace...

(off to listen to more pilkington)
check my blog
updated weekly 8)

Scruffy

Dilkington

Post by Scruffy » Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:29 am

Hey, Pogi, any chance I could get 1-3 from you somehow? I discovered the madness at episode 4 and missed the first few.

-Scruffy

Nick

Post by Nick » Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:51 am

Hey Pogi, no worries buddy, always glad to help and now I've experienced the madness first hand...I can't get my head around it!! Monkey Toboggan, glass houses, talking heads; The Pilkington Diary feature is awesome :D I'm going to have to listen to them again though, it hasn't really sunk in...if it can.

Hey scruffy I still have the episodes uploaded from 1-6. I can give you the links from 1-3 in a PM. Sorry I can't just leave the links here in the forum but you know how it is with bandwidth. However if anyone would like the links just shoot me a PM or noodles as I suspect her offer still stands. :D

Chris B

Post by Chris B » Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:18 pm

Pogi, if you're interested (and I mean, its Rick, Carl and Steve so why wouldn't you be, really), here's the site from Xfm, the radio station for which the guys have done about 50 or so shows over the last two or three years. It was this station which got them paired with Carl and eventually led to the podcast.

http://www.xfm.co.uk/sectional.asp?id=4604

From this link you can get to the earlier archives, through to the more recent ones. There's heaps there - hour long shows, broken into 2-10 minutes fragments to listen to in streaming files. I spent hours listening to these when I found em a few months back.

Enjoy. :)

-CB
You have a booger.
Sam

Sam & Sam @ PIXELSTRIPS

pogi

Post by pogi » Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:23 pm

Wow,thanks chris...I'll be sure to check those out...I know they will be great if they're anything like the ones I've already heard...

Scruffy,hope you get those episodes through nick...If somehow you don't,let me know and I'll try and send them to you somehow...

peace,
thanks everybody...
check my blog
updated weekly 8)

Scruffy

Pilkington: Accomplished

Post by Scruffy » Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:28 pm

Pogi, they downloaded like a charm, thanks a lot!

Much appreciated!

-Scruffy

Chris B

Post by Chris B » Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:27 am

No problem, Pogi. You get to hear them make up Monkeynews and Karl goes off on many a non-sensical tangent. They even make him do a couple of challenges somwhere in there, like seeing how many hamburgers he can stuff in his mouth at once without swallowing. :D

Definately worth downloading, even if it is just a stream.
You have a booger.
Sam

Sam & Sam @ PIXELSTRIPS