eekeemoo

Post comics.
willmj

Post by willmj » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:21 am

so, there's a definite end to it, then?

Yep... there is an end and a point to it all. All will be revealed in page 96.

Did you just start it up on a lark 2 years back?

Yes... be careful what you begin it may consume you!!!

willmj

Post by willmj » Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:29 am

Here's page 85 of my sketch book adventure Eekeemoo and the singing stone only 15 more to go!

Og

Post by Og » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:09 am

The drawings are just so neat, Willy... It's truly amazing how you've kept up. Only 15 more to go - how many a week do you do?

What do you feel like you've learned about drawing over the past coupla years?
ImageImage

willmj

Post by willmj » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:33 am

Thanks Og....

how many a week do you do?

I'm drawing a lot of Eekeemoo and White Star at the moment because of the printed versions. Maybe three days a week.

What do you feel like you've learned about drawing over the past coupla years?

How to draw quickly and to stay true to my ideas and not be freaked out by the quality which is hard when you post stuff as soon as you've drawn them... because you don't get a real chance to live with them before they go public. That's the great thing about doing eekeemoo online is that it is a fluid process just think, draw, ink, scan and post... I look at part one and cringe but hey you have start somewhere.
Last edited by willmj on Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

willmj

Post by willmj » Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:31 am

Back from holiday... Here's page 86 of Eekeemoo and the singing stone.

willmj

Re: eekeemoo

Post by willmj » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:04 pm

Finish building my house... so here we go with the last 14 pages.

k-9lives

Post by k-9lives » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:30 am

Cool, are you going to do a book collecting the whole story at the end? I really like this kind of silent/wordless/surreal story, and I like the way you layout these comics in a long panel format for web, but still thought about how it would work in book form. V.Clever. I have a comic that is similar... I'm worried when I attend my first convention people will not "get" it and just walk on. Have you taken eekeemoo to conventions? I'd be interested to hear how you got on.

willmj

Post by willmj » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:06 pm

The idea was that it was to exist as an on line comic... It has taken soooooooo long to finish! (house building and commercial work took most of last year). However I have had lots of requests for a printed version of eekeemoo and the singing stone at comic cons. There is an exhibition of eekeemoo and the singing stone drawings and a small animated film coming out in September. I guess I might do a limited edition art book with a 20 or 30 copy print run to go with that... it depends on the demand. But for now I have 12 more pages left to post and the 100 will live online.

I have a comic that is similar... I'm worried when I attend my first convention people will not "get" it and just walk on. Have you taken eekeemoo to conventions? I'd be interested to hear how you got on.

The trick with comic conventions is to have lots of the original art work to talk about ... people are really friendly and really interested. I remember when I went to my first one as a punter and I got chatting to Lorenzo I was amazed at how much talking he did and couldn't imagine ever chatting to so many people. Then I did my first one as a seller and I lost my voice I chatted so much. Don't worry... comic people love to talk about comics... and they love to hear about why you do what you do. It's fun!

willmj

Post by willmj » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:56 am

Here's Eekeemoo and Yum Yum riding the Selch that I did for Tom.

ryan a.

Post by ryan a. » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:24 pm

ウィリー
woah dude youve got an awesome, unique style! i just looked through your site cause some of the images aren't showing up here. i can only hope to one day reach the amount of work youve got built up! thanks for posting these, they're beautiful.

willmj

Post by willmj » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:20 am

Many thanks for your kind words Ryan... Just need to find two clear days to scan the final pages.

willmj

Post by willmj » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:39 pm

Peace and Joy from us out here in Wales :D

willmj

Post by willmj » Sun May 27, 2012 12:58 pm

Hi everyone... Sorry about the broken links... need to update my image server... just thought I'd let you know that eekeemoo is a iPhone/iPad app... finally found a way to show eekeemoo's infinite scrolling story. Download it here.. http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/singing- ... ?ls=1&mt=8