FLIGHT

Flight 8 in stores Summer 2011 - www.flightcomics.com
It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:43 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: The Wrestler
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:39 pm 

This movie is incredibly predictable after about 20-30 minutes in, and it's shaky camera and annoying 'different-backs-of-the-head+shakycam' shots, while they make sense, just made me feel sick to my stomach while watching the film. Still, I guess what draws the movie is the script and all the deep little metaphores in it. It's not a very engrosing movie, because I started coming up with a bunch of different titles for the film and duing filmic studies on the film during the whole thing to keep myself ocupied at boring parts, but on the metaphoric level, it's great. The movie could basically be called "The Mortal" but that wouldn't fly, and the song 'One Trick Pony' at the end of the film is probably the coolest part of the whole film.

What you need to do in order to get the full effect of the film is to think about all the metaphors that present themselves as the film progresses. Such ones such as the evolution of 'The American Dream', what it means to be culturally immortal in a mortal's life, what it's like to be a dying breed and what it means to be a constructed hero. If 300 didn't make you want to go to the gym, this film will for sure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:48 pm 

I really enjoyed this film, it was a little slow in the middle I agree, but overall I liked it quite a bit. Mickey Rourke kept me entertained, and the story, just like the man in the wrestling ring, is everything you expect it to be. Its the kind of movie I probably wouldn't watch again for a very long time, but I am super happy I saw it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:31 pm 

I thought this was one of the best films of the year. Definitely looking forward to seeing it again. It's such a great character study based on the life of Jake "the Snake" Roberts. Mickey Rourke deserves all the praise. I felt the cinematography for this film was definitely overlooked by the Academy this year.

Post subject: wow gold
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:24 pm 

It's not like that

I wouldn't look at it like that.There are two sides of a story.