Kung-Fu Panda

Discuss films.
[adam]

Post by [adam] » Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:26 am

mr cow wrote: oh- and the opening sequence? i could have watched a whole movie like that.
can I get an amen?!
The Kung Fu Panda Art book is completely amazing as well.

jshamblin

Post by jshamblin » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:45 pm

I loved this film. The story was well crafted and the music was fantastic! I think it's a great year for animation. :)

j.

Joey

Post by Joey » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:17 pm

Just saw this, and I really liked it! It was total fun, Po was a hilarious and lovable character, and I think it really was a fine tribute to the Kung Fu genre. I think it did everything right that Forbidden Kingdom did wrong :P

While I really enjoyed the film, I have some issues with the very end...and so...

SPOILER ALERT! WATCH OUT!!

I can't believe how Po defeated Tai Lung! It seemed to counter the whole direction that the story was going in with the "secret" of the Dragon Scroll to have the finger pinching move actually be a magic weapon. And so, what? Did Tai Lung just blow up? Towards the end he really didn't seem like that bad of a guy. Having the finger pinch be a bluff, like the Dragon Scroll, and teaching Tai Lung a lesson that would humble him and turn him into a better person seems like it would have been a perfect fit rather than just exploding him with a magic "secret ingredient" finger twitch...

Okay, end of complaint. That in itself left me a little dissapointed, but not enough so to ruin the movie. I still loved it, and eagerly look forward to a sequel (or 5?)
Visit the Tragic Planet!

dark77778

Post by dark77778 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:05 pm

Yeah Joey, that's exactly the problem I had in the long run! I was hoping for something smarter than just KABOOM! Oh well, hopefully he'll be back...somehow.

Joey

Post by Joey » Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:15 am

dark77778 wrote:Oh well, hopefully he'll be back...somehow.
Yeah, with supposedly several sequels planned, I'm waiting to see how the tale develops before totally denouncing that ending. But it does rub me a little the wrong way....
Visit the Tragic Planet!

mestioko

Post by mestioko » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:24 pm

RE>> SPOILER ALERT! WATCH OUT!!
"I can't believe how Po defeated Tai Lung! It seemed to counter the whole direction that the story was going in with the "secret" of the Dragon Scroll to have the finger pinching move actually be a magic weapon. And so, what? Did Tai Lung just blow up?"
------

My daughter honestly wondered if Po pulled TL's finger. :)

I thought it was a good film, esp for the kids. Jack Black's Po made the film. I particularly enjoyed the whole fighting for food sequence. Don't know if they should tread on a sequel for this one ... hm ...

dark77778

Post by dark77778 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:38 pm

They should only tread on a sequel if it has to do with developing the Five and if Po goes through some advanced training. Maybe Shifu gets captured, and the six of them [who still don't quite get along 100%] have to set aside their differences and work as a perfect team. Plus, we still don't know why Po is the Panda son of a duck [not like it matters, but it's plot-worthy]. I think that's basis enough for a sequel. I can even imagine the opening sequence being Po trying to decide what their new name should be. "The Serious six? The Shamazing Six? The Super-incredo-awesome six?"
I'm my own breed of eccentric.

dik pose

Post by dik pose » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:20 am

It was a really good film... Dreamworks FINALLY has put out a good film. Wow... only took 15 years.

As far as sequels, I know Dreamworks, and I can only bet they already have the next 5 Panda films lined up (just like Shrek, after number one, they already had planned 4 more films) Lets just hope they are all good...

Kazu
Site Admin

Post by Kazu » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:11 pm

Considering the team that's in charge of the production of the sequel, I'm inclined to think that the second film will definitely be better than the first. :D

dark77778

Post by dark77778 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:47 am

Umm...I might be out of the loop on this Kazu, but who's working on the sequel? Unless that info's classified.

dik pose

Post by dik pose » Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:30 am

Kazu wrote:Considering the team that's in charge of the production of the sequel, I'm inclined to think that the second film will definitely be better than the first. :D
So I have heard.

Tony

Post by Tony » Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:49 pm

dark77778 wrote:Yeah Joey, that's exactly the problem I had in the long run! I was hoping for something smarter than just KABOOM! Oh well, hopefully he'll be back...somehow.
Technically, it was "Ska-doosh".

:D

patrace

Post by patrace » Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:49 pm

I loved this film. It was a peach.

dark77778

Post by dark77778 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:23 pm

Tony wrote:
dark77778 wrote:Yeah Joey, that's exactly the problem I had in the long run! I was hoping for something smarter than just KABOOM! Oh well, hopefully he'll be back...somehow.
Technically, it was "Ska-doosh".

:D
Quiet you.

experiment626

Post by experiment626 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:21 am

i Loved this movie! Even the celebrity voices weren't at all distracting and actually fit the characters quite well. plus there's enough plot to fill out a second movie what with the Furious Five still not completely gelling with Po.

the end battle with Tai Lung, i was completely fine with. It wasn't necessarily any sort of magical technique, it was all part of the movie's humour and very good way to tie up with the infamous Wushu Finger Hold from the beginning of the movie. We didn't really need to know exactly what happened to Tai Lung.

I actually enjoyed it more than I did Wall-E, even though I acknowledge that Wall-E is a better film overall, KFP was just more enjoyable.
http://windykid.deviantart.com ...i got comics in there too but I'm too afraid to post 'em