FLIGHT

Flight 8 in stores Summer 2011 - www.flightcomics.com
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:38 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:14 am 

The Tales of Beedle the Bard - The Fairy Tales of J.K. Rowling

Well, here is a book that not is easy to get your hands on. But it might be of fun to see the link anyway. I think that this book makes the Harry Potter universe more magical, now we know that we can`t read all the tales from the universe, and still we know that there is more than the Harry Potter books.

There is alway some magic with books that you know is hard to get, and this one being hand written makes it more magical. So if you don`t get your hands on The Tales of Beedle the Bard (5 Fairy Tales), you may find the pictures and text on this page of inspiration.

http://www.amazon.com/beedlebard

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:48 am 

I think its was a wonderful idea she had to make 6 special hand written books for her friends... and then one to auction for charity... thats such an original and great idea...

I also think its cool that Amazon ponied up 4mil$ to buy it, and give us a taste of the books, I would like to read all the stories eventually... I imagine Amazon will someday release the stories, for a price... but I would hope they continue the tradition of selling the stories for charity sake.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:25 am 

I think I'm the only person that this really bothers... it just seems weirdly selfish to me to write a story, tell everyone about it and then not share it. Particularly when you know there are tons of little kids out there who adore the Harry Potter universe and don't have millions of dollars (like you the author do).

She could have made the same amount of money for charity selling it normally and donating the proceeds.

I don't know. It just strikes me as odd.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:26 pm 

I would imagine if she went to the publishers with intention of mass-producing this extraordinarily tiny and fanciful thing, ultimately, the cost and time belittles the immediate benefit for her charity.

I think she's greedy keeping her treasured tales for a small circle of literary friends and family. I wish she would toss them freely like candy to the starving reader but that's a bit greedy of me too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:19 pm 

It bothered me a bit too. I think she could have sold the really beautiful books as the super special edition, and then sold more normal copies so that we could all read it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:19 pm 

I imagine we will see this eventually, perhaps after Amazon has had a chance to do a few tours with the book around the country and the last movies come out. It would be nice to see it now, but hopefully we will see it released again later to the public (perhaps for charity as well).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:17 pm 

I imagine they will release this book when the 7 & 8th films are released that way it coincides with the whole "Deathly Hallows" thing... and it will help to remind people about Harry Potter... restoke the Harry-Mania.