I Am Legend

Discuss films.
SonOfaRich

I Am Legend

Post by SonOfaRich » Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:29 pm

http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/iamlegend/large.html

Finally they're remaking this. Not sure if I like the NY setting though.
Intergalactic proton powered electrical tentacle advertising droids!!!!!

Kazu
Site Admin

Post by Kazu » Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:31 pm

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/i_am_le ... ailers.php

Here's the new trailer, and it's really well-paced. The film looks great, and I'm super excited about seeing a new Francis Lawrence film. I thought his last film, Constantine, was severely underrated, and he always made strong music videos. Also, Will Smith is always good.

Coffee and TV

Post by Coffee and TV » Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:56 am

The first trailer (teaser) was a little frantic and threw me, but the new one shows a lot of promise.

Plouffe

Post by Plouffe » Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:06 am

OHHH the new trailer looks great. I agree with Kazu about Constantine being underrated!

You know , I hate animal cruelty or when an animal dies in a movie!!! I cant stand it. It just doesnt seem fair HAHA. No matter how much it helps the story or adds a turning point ect.. I Still hate the idea of someone losing a pet. It gives me the shivers. I hope the dog doesnt die in this one although from what we see it seems like the movie is being setup that way. I was soo pissed off in the ps2 game of Shadow of the Collosus when you lose your horse at the very end haha but luckily he came back later on.

thirdeyeh

Post by thirdeyeh » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:43 pm

This film looks to be amazing. Will Smith is always good, but its been awhile since he was asked to be both a great actor and take part in such an epic type film. I'll be there opening night.

Tony

Post by Tony » Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:28 pm

It's a zombie movie?

PS. Yeah, Constantine was cool! Tilda Swinton, especially.

flatrabbit

Post by flatrabbit » Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:12 pm

Constantine is always underrated mainly because people like to pick on Keanu's stone-faced acting talent.

Personally I really liked the way it turned out and watch it frequently. Plus you get a pre-hype(pre-transformers) Shia Labeouf.

Tony wrote:PS. Yeah, Constantine was cool! Tilda Swinton, especially.

Yes. Very much so.
flatrabbit
--"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." - Oscar Wilde
‡ [ home ] ‡

Andre Szy

Post by Andre Szy » Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:21 am

Tony wrote:It's a zombie movie?

I never read the book or saw the first versions of this, (i have Omega Man coming on netflix though) but I heard the people are more like vampires.

E

Post by E » Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:09 pm

Looks amazing... can't wait to see him interact with more of those wild animals. Never heard of the book or previous flicks.. but this looks really really interesting.

All intentions of seeing this opening weekend and i hardly ever go to the movies anymore.
--------------
dookjooky.com

kyle-latino

Post by kyle-latino » Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:05 pm

Omega Man is one of my favorite sci-fi movies. Sure it drags in the middle, and sure it takes a big steamy crap on I Am Legend, but hey, Chalton Heston sells it.

webcomic: dinopartycomics.com
deviantart: kyle-latino.deviantart.com

thirdeyeh

Post by thirdeyeh » Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:19 pm

Pretty flippin awesome! I haven't had that much fun or emotion in the movie theater in a looooong time. The only draw back was that I felt some of the cgi was not so much awesome when it was up close. Other than that I can't think of a better film in recent time that combines so much with so little and nails it.

Josh-Ulrich

Post by Josh-Ulrich » Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:37 pm

It has been quite a while since I left a movie so satisfied. This movie was much better then I even expected. Very well paced. The silent moments of lonliness really brought more impact to the terrifying scenes. A very emotional ride.

Edge of your seat thrill ride I haven't seen since children of men.

Stick
Flight Moderator

Post by Stick » Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:10 am

It was an enjoyable movie.. although it wasn't as great as I thought it would be.

I think that the best part of the whole experience though was watching the new "The Dark Knight" trailer. That was sweet.

MG

Post by MG » Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:00 am

That movie was intense. I've never been so stressed out on behalf of the character in a movie before. Will Smith pulled it off well, and the story was very engaging, completely sucked me in. I don't think I'll see it a second time, though, it was emotionally very draining.

Kazu
Site Admin

Post by Kazu » Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:08 am

I really enjoyed everything up until the last act of the film. While the ending is passable, it falls short of the work that precedes it. The scene where Neville walks into the dark warehouse is top notch horror-suspense work, and all the shots of the desolate New York City are beautifully done.