FLIGHT

Flight 8 in stores Summer 2011 - www.flightcomics.com
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:18 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

how long would you line up for doughnuts?
less than a minute 56%  56%  [ 10 ]
1 - 3 minutes 22%  22%  [ 4 ]
up to five minutes 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
more than five minutes 22%  22%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 18
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 7:31 am 

ok, whats the deal with this
this franchise opened in Sydney a while back. and people were driving an hour to go and get these doughnuts. i mean they ARE good, but still doughnuts.
now last week a new one opened in the Sydney CDB and has had massive lines everytime i walk by it (twice a day to and from work). it was raining the other day and people were still lining out the door, in a five 10 minute queue.

how long would you line up for doughnuts?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 7:43 am 

I wanted to post, though I don't eat that stuff at all anymore.
To be honest, I've eaten all I can for the rest of my life in high school.
I remember it like it was yesterday, They would send the hot girls in school to walk into each class through out the day & week, selling them for $.25 each. Of course I would enjoy them in the hopes that the sugar rush could get me through the day in a hyper delusion as well as give me an excuse to talk to the hotties while in class, without being asked to step outside by whichever teach I had at that moment. Ah... the memories of misspent youth :wink:

You know, I drive past a Krispy Kream here in Miami. And I swear I feel guilty & a pound or so heavier from just sniffing the air carrying that evil and tempting odor of fat and sugar mixing. Although in a sick way thinking of this is actually making me miss the donut shops in Glendale California. I miss eating a nice long chocolate covered cream filled donut while/and playing Final Fight, Area 88, and The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles the Arcade Game with my friends.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 1:40 pm 
Site Admin

Mmmm. Like eating little clouds of sugar... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 6:58 am 

Clouds of Sugar ha ha. My friend claims his teeth hurt from so much sugar on those darn little fat clouds (Aka Krispy Kream Donuts).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 10:02 am 
Site Admin

When the first Krispy Kreme opened up in Canada just a couple of years ago, the initial lineups went completely around the block. It was about a 45 minute wait, I was told. We cruised by the lineup, and saw a great number of displaced Americans lining up for some KK donuts.

I imagine if they opened up a Tim Hortons down in the States, you'd see a flock of Canadians all lined up for some Tim's coffee (I tell ya, it's the glue in their coffee cups that makes the damn things so tasty and addictive).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 10:40 am 

When the Krispy kreme opened on the West Coast here, there was an opening day traffic jam of people just trying to get in the parking lot. The drive through lineup was reportedly an hour and the standing lineup was something Disneyland would look upon with awe. After a week when the lineups finally died I tried one... and I don't know how people can eat those spun sugar monstrosities! It's a dough-nut! Where the hell is the dough?

Kean's got it right though... Tim Horton's is where it's at! Except for the fact that there donuts are 75% cooked at a factory, flash frozen, transported to outlets, thawed, then cooked the rest of the way! Still better than Krispy Kreme!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 1:03 pm 
Site Admin

It's all about Peet's Coffee, man.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 1:08 pm 

Too sugary.
I'm a salt type of person.
Or cheese.
I wouldn't line up for a doughnut. Ever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 11:24 pm 

I used to work in a bakery and the only way to eat donuts is when they are almost too hot. Wait two minutes and its too late. 'course I lost 15 pounds by quiting the bakery.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 12:32 am 
Flight Moderator

Mothos wrote:
Kean's got it right though... Tim Horton's is where it's at! Except for the fact that there donuts are 75% cooked at a factory, flash frozen, transported to outlets, thawed, then cooked the rest of the way! Still better than Krispy Kreme!

You LIE! You have to be!! Those sweet, delictable, sugary sweets are factory made?!?!

There is NO god.

(Sorry that i missed this, but i had to post to this now considering... well.. the fact that i have a half dozen of Tim Horton's finest in front of me about to go into my belly. This is just like the time when i was five when i found out i wasn't white. What a cruel world. The donut bit that is.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 6:53 am 

:lol: LOL Stick you're a sick dude.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 10:58 am 

Krispy Kreme's are an abomination. They are an insult to the donut world. They don't look like regular donuts (they're not as puff-ily good), they don't have the consistency of regular donuts, and they don't even have the same flavors as regular donuts with the exception of glaze. They're far too sugary. I've had a few Krispy Kreme's in my time and I've never particularly enjoyed them.

The pink box is where it's at. Any other donut shop is better than Krispy Kreme. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 8:25 am 

worst donuts ever..

I had one of those fresh off the assembly line glazed freebees,and literally threw up an hour later.

teh donuts are too damn heavy, and greasy

http://www.guerrilla-comics.com
http://www.livejournal.com/users/cubicz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 11:36 am 

sorry, i'm a big coffee & donut person. (or at least I used to be, before I decided to attempt to be healthy)... and krispy kreme's greatest failure is that it does not go well with coffee. Its impenetrable hard-sugar coated glaze blocks coffee in your initial dunk and when the coffee does seep through, the over-porous soft innards of the kk donut are instantly turned to sugary goop, leaving too many grease bubbles in your cup.

obviously you can't beat a cake donut with coffee, but i think dunkin donuts makes the best donuts for, um, dunkin. for a franchise place, anyway.

I just spent three minutes of my life talking about donuts and i'll never get them back. There goes another 15 seconds.

Yarrrrr.
FortuneCookiePress.com
jsukarangsan@gmail.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 3:12 am 

Krispy Kreme donuts are so fucking mediocre. They're like eating pure frosting. There's no dough. Fuck 'em.