FLIGHT

Flight 8 in stores Summer 2011 - www.flightcomics.com
It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:33 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: DANGER DOOM...
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:27 am 

I just got DAGNER DOOM, a collaboration between Danger Mouse (Producer of the last Gorillaz album) and MF Doom (Crazy masked rapper/producer). It's really really really really good. The production is off the chain and the album has the best cameos of any hip hop album ever. Check the list:

Talib Kweli
Ghost Face
Brak (he kicks a PHAT ryhme)
Space Ghost
The cast of Selab 2020
Frylock
Meatwad
Shake.

There's actually a whole song about Aqua Teen Hunger force that kicks much ass. But the best track has to be the one where MF Doom battles Space Ghost for his show.

Check it out if you get a chance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:08 pm 

Yeah, I agree. It's very good. Everythign about it is top notch, except some of the Adult Swim characters annoy me a bit. I love Adult Swim, I just think it would have sounded better with more samples from the actual show than skits performed for the album by the characters...ah, that's nitpicking though...the actual album itself is very good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:26 pm 

I can see how the Adult Swim stuff could bug, but I thought the skits were hilarious. Brak's rendition of "Turn the Beat around" had me cracking up.

Its just refreshing to hear something different and creative on a hip-hop album. There's so much dreck out there that skews peoples pecreptions and feeds into the "money and bitches" stereotype. Anytime I find an album that attempts to break out of that mold, I applaud.

It makes me think back to Deltron 3030 (by Del the funkee homosapien and Dan the Automator), which was a fantastic hip-hop concept album. Every time I put that cd on it was like listening to a sci-fi movie. Del is the only dude I know that can rap about being a planet hopping neuromancer who hotwires mech robots.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:54 pm 

Ted wrote:
It makes me think back to Deltron 3030 (by Del the funkee homosapien and Dan the Automator), which was a fantastic hip-hop concept album. Every time I put that cd on it was like listening to a sci-fi movie. Del is the only dude I know that can rap about being a planet hopping neuromancer who hotwires mech robots.

Heh, with Gorillaz, and then this...could Danger Mouse be the next Automator?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:10 am 

Joey dude... you just called it. Danger Mouse is totally stealing Automator's fire.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:20 pm 

Automator has been slipping away form me since Deltron 3030 anyways, Dangermouse deserves the spotlight. With that said this albumn is mighty solid, for some reason reminds me of Dr. Octagon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 8:50 pm 

Greatnation wrote:
Automator has been slipping away form me since Deltron 3030 anyways, Dangermouse deserves the spotlight. With that said this albumn is mighty solid, for some reason reminds me of Dr. Octagon

Yeah, the newest HBMS wasn't nearly as good as the original.

MF Doom is coming to my city sometime in November. Can't wait.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:35 pm 

Location: America: The Magical Land of Neutron Bombs, Lean Pockets, And Napoleon Dynamite
This looks good, but I'm a little wary of the direct corporate sponsorship. If you play the record backwards, it probably says something like "YOU ARE AMAZINGLY IMPRESSED BY THE SUBTLE AND ELEGANT HUMOR FOUND IN 'SQUIDBILLIES'." Still... I like Dangermouse's work.

Isn't MF Doom also that guy who plays/played the President on 24?

~IJ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:10 pm 

Ian Jay wrote:
This looks good, but I'm a little wary of the direct corporate sponsorship. If you play the record backwards, it probably says something like "YOU ARE AMAZINGLY IMPRESSED BY THE SUBTLE AND ELEGANT HUMOR FOUND IN 'SQUIDBILLIES'." Still... I like Dangermouse's work.

Yeah, the "corporate sponsorship" resulted in some minor censorship in a few places. Words beeped out and stuff, but it's actually kinda cool that way. Danger Mouse really knows how to work that censorship! They still get away with saying "Sofa King" several times though, ha ha :D