Zombie Silhouettes

Post illustrations, animation, graphic design, sketches, etc.
Grasshopper

Zombie Silhouettes

Post by Grasshopper » Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:59 pm

This is a image I'm making for one of friends business ventures. I only have MS Paint and a mouse to work with, so...

Comments and critism welcome. I tried to keep the anatomy as accurate as possible, but I'm not very good at it.

I wish I was better

Kazu
Site Admin

Post by Kazu » Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:16 pm

These are cool. Being able to draw good silhouettes is probably the single most important skill in cartooning...

Nofret

Post by Nofret » Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:35 am

Yeah, silhouettes are very important. I can read very well three out of the four shapes. The one on the ground is not as explicit as the other 3. I'd suggest turning it slightly (and maybe cut the legs off so it's dragging itself on the ground with its arms?).

len

proportions

Post by len » Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:44 pm

That is such a cool funny graphical idea!
They look like children to me. If that's what you're after that's great.
If you are interested in adult zombies you may want to check them against a few basic "idealized proportion" rules I like to keep in mind when I draw:
8 heads tall (or so)
Crotch (where the legs split apart) is very near middle of the figure vertically and a little lower to account for pants.
Wrists would hang down to about the vertical middle (crotch) if they were standing up straight.

I use these rules to double-check my figures all the time. Doesn't take too long and really helps. Of course, zombies would probably not have the most ideal proportions so you just use the rules as a starting point and mess around with them.

Grasshopper

Post by Grasshopper » Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:00 pm

Wow both Kazu and Nofret commented. Yay :D

Kazu- Thank you. This probably sounds lame, but coming from you that means a lot.

Nofret- I agree about the zombie on the ground, I just liked that foot so much.

len- Thank you for the anatomy advice. I tried to make the figures more adult looking by resizing the heads, and changing the width of the limbs.

Here are the revisions that made, I really tried to clean up the arms, neck/shoulders and heads. I cut off the legs on the crawling zombie. I re-did some of the hands as well. I realized that most of the hands are too large when compared to the hands on the one-armed zombie. I also realize that anatomically they'll too large, but I think that due the subject matter the exaggerated size is ok.

What do you guys think?

and here's a lame little iPod ad spoof.

I wish I was better

Blom

Post by Blom » Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:55 am

They looks better with the canges!
Can a zombie hear music?

Blom