Hellboy

Post illustrations, animation, graphic design, sketches, etc.
bengal

Post by bengal » Mon Dec 08, 2003 12:09 pm

super cool hellboy indeed!! :) great jake!!

simeon

hellboy

Post by simeon » Tue Dec 09, 2003 6:50 pm

Agent 44 got it right on the nose with the trailer. It wasn't really what del Toro wanted, but something that needed to be done, as most of the moviegoing public has no idea who this big red guy with stumpy things on his head is.

Early on del Toro describerd to me his ideal trailer...

Basically just a camera moving slowly along up to Hellboy, with a cheesy voiceover talking about the seed of destruction and all that trailer malarky, once they get up on Hellboy- He just says, "Aw shutup and show them the monsters", and then the trailer would do just that.

So very del Toro. I hope he does something like it...there are definitely some great monsters that have yet to be seen.

And whether or not the movie is any good...it is the best Hellboy that is ever going to be made while we're alive. Del Toro is the uber-fan of Mike's work, and Mike was there for every stage of this thing being put together.

Ok, so I'm a little biased for the movie being a hit (I want a sequel), and even I was a little disappointed at the "Layman's" trailer.

And by the way, the painting is grand.
entertaining artificial lifeforms five years running.
http://www.robotoperatormanuals.com

Kazu
Site Admin

Post by Kazu » Tue Dec 09, 2003 7:07 pm

I'll also chime in and say I was a bit disappointed with the teaser (why does everything have so look so clean?), but after hearing Jake and Simeon talk about how it is the "layman's" teaser, I am a little more optimistic. I did love Guillermo Del Toro's work on Kronos, so I am interested in seeing what he does with the property. And yeah, I have never seen a comic creator work so intensively on a film adapted from their original source material, so that's a big plus as well. That said, I'm looking forward to seeng it.

Stick
Flight Moderator

Re: hellboy

Post by Stick » Wed Dec 10, 2003 9:09 am

simeon wrote:Agent 44 got it right on the nose with the trailer. It wasn't really what del Toro wanted, but something that needed to be done, as most of the moviegoing public has no idea who this big red guy with stumpy things on his head is.

Early on del Toro describerd to me his ideal trailer...

Basically just a camera moving slowly along up to Hellboy, with a cheesy voiceover talking about the seed of destruction and all that trailer malarky, once they get up on Hellboy- He just says, "Aw shutup and show them the monsters", and then the trailer would do just that.

So very del Toro. I hope he does something like it...there are definitely some great monsters that have yet to be seen.

And whether or not the movie is any good...it is the best Hellboy that is ever going to be made while we're alive. Del Toro is the uber-fan of Mike's work, and Mike was there for every stage of this thing being put together.

Ok, so I'm a little biased for the movie being a hit (I want a sequel), and even I was a little disappointed at the "Layman's" trailer.

And by the way, the painting is grand.
i'm kinda curious as to how much he actually had in production of the movie.

Mikie

Post by Mikie » Sat Feb 28, 2004 9:46 pm

looks great!