Updated 4/20/09 + Guard

Post illustrations, animation, graphic design, sketches, etc.
dan

Updated 4/20/09 + Guard

Post by dan » Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:04 pm

Updated 4/20/09 + Guard

New work. New site. I got sick and tired of trying to make my 'blog' look like everyone else's, so I just did whatever the hell I wanted. I also took a different turn with my artwork, again doing whatever I wanted instead of trying to be too anal and perfect.

http://www.danselleck.com

As for the new work:

Last edited by dan on Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

dan

Post by dan » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:57 am

Here are two new ones:

ZidaneTheKing

Post by ZidaneTheKing » Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:16 pm

The strongest ones, I think, are the soldier in the snow, the red dog on the green background, and the knight on the horse. They have interesting uses of color, and pretty cool compositions.

The dog with the crown and the guy with a crazy face suffer from their incredibly symmetrical compositions.

The flourescent purple hands in the knight picture look like they belong to a different image. The knight, the horse, and the background are very subtle, which works really well, but the purple is very bright and loud.

As always, take any and all of this with a grain of salt, it's probable that I'm misinterpreting your work in some way.

Edit: I just looked at your site, the squid is really cool.

dan

Post by dan » Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:55 am

Some good feedback, Zidane. I removed the hands and I like it so much more without them. I've shown it to quite a few people and they all agreed that the hands didn't belong (more specifically they looked like they belonged to a different drawing.)

And before I forget, I did this a little while ago: