Portraits

Post illustrations, animation, graphic design, sketches, etc.
Mike Thompson

Portraits

Post by Mike Thompson » Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:46 pm

thirdeyeh

Post by thirdeyeh » Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:57 pm

Nice! The only things I would look closer at is the values you use and the subjects you use them on. For instance. With women, I find that you really REALLy have to be careful with how dark you make creases on their face. Even if in life and on the photo it looks dark, it should be dropped back a few levels. What tends to happen is, for some reason those dark values add years to a woman's face even unintentionally. So like on your first portrait, maybe just pull those values back a little bit. You always want give women grace in their portraits. And then on the second portrait, it would serve it well to drop in a few darker values to help it all punch.

Now the things I think are really solid is the simplisty of the faces and attention to detail. You say just enough without saying too much in your detail. Something people forget is that you recognize a person by their bone structure, not their eyelashes! There's a brevity, especially in the drawing, that I really find quite nice.

Sorry,lol, i know thats a lot. I really love portraits. I'd love to hear your thoughts on mine: www.michaeleregina.com

flyk

I love portraits~

Post by flyk » Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:50 pm

I like your portraits~

I hope you don't mind if I post some of mine ~ !

I'd love to have any feedback~
-Sara