Cthulhu in the Mist

Post illustrations, animation, graphic design, sketches, etc.
Plognark

Cthulhu in the Mist

Post by Plognark » Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:10 pm

An hour and a half photoshop sketch. Still gettin' the hang of pure digital work. I could tighten it up if I spent more time, but I'll probably just keep working on different stuff.

I just watched the move The Mist a little while ago, and finished playing a forum based mafia game with a Lovecraft theme which was pretty damn fun, so I was sort of inspired.

TmDurn7

Post by TmDurn7 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:46 am

i think there's a lot of focus on the tentacles but that nothing else has been treated with that same care. his hands look too clunky and the houses at the bottom need a sense of lighting that is consistent with the rest of the piece.

it would also help your sense of scale and distance if perhaps all but the hand that approaches were a little more greyed out. and the big black shape of his should definitely lighten up. maybe some figures in the foreground?...maybe

Plognark

Post by Plognark » Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:15 am

TmDurn7 wrote:i think there's a lot of focus on the tentacles but that nothing else has been treated with that same care. his hands look too clunky and the houses at the bottom need a sense of lighting that is consistent with the rest of the piece.

it would also help your sense of scale and distance if perhaps all but the hand that approaches were a little more greyed out. and the big black shape of his should definitely lighten up. maybe some figures in the foreground?...maybe
yeah, I'm pretty sure you're right on all of those counts. Like I said, just a sketch to keep working on my Photoshop technique.

Composition has always been a weak point of mine.