Kid's Drawing

Post illustrations, animation, graphic design, sketches, etc.
gau dog

Kid's Drawing

Post by gau dog » Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:16 pm

Here's what I look like in the eyes of a 5 year old.
:D

Frank Stockton

Post by Frank Stockton » Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:02 pm

That's really incredible for a 5 year-old. Hopefully he or she will fall in love with drawing--could be a future famous artist :)

frank
"I do not get discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward"
--Thomas Edison

http://www.frankstockton.com

gau dog

Post by gau dog » Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:44 am

I can't say it's a good likeness but yeah, I actually thought it was pretty good shape/design wise. Hey, ask Josh Cochran if I look like this. He knows my face. I had to tell the kid who drew this to give me ears, a nose, and show more of my beard though. Would've told him to give me eyebrows as well but that was pushing it.

I think if he pursues formal art training, he'll lose this abstract representational style as he grows older. I would expect that most young art schools are more concerned with developing the ability to execute realistic drawings. It's like my teeth are straight in real life but I love how they're crooked in this drawing. Kind of ironic how some artists go full circle trying to draw this way again.

lifelibertyland

Post by lifelibertyland » Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:28 am

Haha, so that's a beard. I thought maybe you just ate a messy piece of cake.
Who drew it? I presumed it was a son/daughter or nephew/niece until in a later post you referred to them as "the kid."

kidnemo

Post by kidnemo » Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:43 am

That is one mighty fine beard.
Image Image

gau dog

Post by gau dog » Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:53 am

lifelibertyland wrote: Who drew it? I presumed it was a son/daughter or nephew/niece until in a later post you referred to them as "the kid."
A friend's son drew it.

Muffin

Post by Muffin » Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:02 am

haha, thats cute. Rabies beard.
I should make my niese draw me, - she's really really good already, - drawing details like eyelashes, purses, striped socks, buttons, ties, hair-bands and watches. Its really funny and never the same. Kids are really inspirational.

campy22

Post by campy22 » Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:18 am

nice

aaron

Post by aaron » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:06 am

lol impressive. It is funny, Rembrandt is a perfect example of someone that learned to draw realistic and in his last years much more economical and expressive, which I believe is some of his best work.