Rise of the Silver Surfer

Discuss films.
SonOfaRich

Rise of the Silver Surfer

Post by SonOfaRich » Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:16 am

Intergalactic proton powered electrical tentacle advertising droids!!!!!

jdalton

Post by jdalton » Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:12 pm

Cool. Finally they get to the F4 stories worth telling! I hope they skip Dr. Doom altogether and just focus on the Coming of Galactus.
Jonathon Dalton
Image Image

SonOfaRich

Post by SonOfaRich » Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:51 am

But they already did Dr. Doom. :-P

jdalton

Post by jdalton » Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:35 pm

I know, that's why I hope they don't do him again a la Magneto in X-Men.
Jonathon Dalton
Image Image

lifelibertyland

Post by lifelibertyland » Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:50 pm

doom's gotta come back, that left that door wide open

SonOfaRich

Post by SonOfaRich » Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:45 pm

Can you refresh my memory what happened to Dr. Doom at the end of the F4 movie? I totally forgot. I thought they killed him or something.

lifelibertyland

Post by lifelibertyland » Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:20 pm

i forget how it exactly goes down, but his associate takes the body or something. but when you see it you have to think he's coming back

thirdeyeh

Post by thirdeyeh » Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:38 pm

I just hope this thing isn't joke time like the first one. My favorite villain is Galactus and I'm gonna be bummed if they turn out another turd like the first installment.

SonOfaRich

Post by SonOfaRich » Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:43 pm

lifelibertyland wrote:i forget how it exactly goes down, but his associate takes the body or something. but when you see it you have to think he's coming back
sounds familiar. Something about how he still survived.

Thirdeyeh: It'll probably still be turd. But the first one I thought was a fun piece of turd. Kinda like how kids used to play with slime and gooey stuff back in the days. The second one will probably be the same but with "bigger" action sequences. Don't expect X-Men or Spiderman.

Mikie

Post by Mikie » Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:19 pm

I'm sorry, but even as cool as the Silver Surfer looks...I have such a bad taste in my mouth from the last one that I think I'll pass on this one.

SonOfaRich

Post by SonOfaRich » Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:09 pm

Mikie wrote:I'm sorry, but even as cool as the Silver Surfer looks...I have such a bad taste in my mouth from the last one that I think I'll pass on this one.
I had a good taste in my mouth. And it was the taste of Jessica Alba. :)

Mikie

Post by Mikie » Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:01 am

SonOfaRich wrote:
Mikie wrote:I'm sorry, but even as cool as the Silver Surfer looks...I have such a bad taste in my mouth from the last one that I think I'll pass on this one.
I had a good taste in my mouth. And it was the taste of Jessica Alba. :)
hmmm...I don't usually do those sorts of things in public, but damn. Well done, sir.

jdalton

Post by jdalton » Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:00 pm

For the first movie I think they did about as good a job as could be expected. It was a silly, slightly campy soap opera in spandex. But that's the Fantastic Four! In the comics they were never as epic as the X-Men and they lack the deeper subtext of the Hulk or Spiderman. What made the original FF innovative was their family squabbles, but now the vast majority of superhero teams have that *cough*Incredibles!*cough*

The Silver Surfer story is (as far as I know) the only really stand-out plot the FF have. So I have higher expectations for this movie than the last.

And they can probably do away with any thoughts of making a FF 3 right now. There wouldn't be much point.
Jonathon Dalton
Image Image

Mikie

Post by Mikie » Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:46 pm

jdalton wrote:For the first movie I think they did about as good a job as could be expected. It was a silly, slightly campy soap opera in spandex. But that's the Fantastic Four! In the comics they were never as epic as the X-Men and they lack the deeper subtext of the Hulk or Spiderman. What made the original FF innovative was their family squabbles, but now the vast majority of superhero teams have that *cough*Incredibles!*cough*

The Silver Surfer story is (as far as I know) the only really stand-out plot the FF have. So I have higher expectations for this movie than the last.

And they can probably do away with any thoughts of making a FF 3 right now. There wouldn't be much point.
Actually, I think they are doing two and three back to back.

I'm told that Galactus doesn't show up until the end of the second and is the big threat in the third. But that's unconfirmed