A Nightmare in 3D

Discuss films.
Johnny Neat

A Nightmare in 3D

Post by Johnny Neat » Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:12 am

I've wanted to post this and finally got over my feeling that maybe, just maybe, you guys have known about this but I figured, "What the heck?" As I watched Monster House for the 3rd time, I watched the trailer to this film thinking what I felt the first time I watched it. "Why couldn't it have been the rumored sequel?" Anyhow here is the poster and its rumored take down below.

Some weeks back, the original poster for the 3D reissue of The Nightmare Before Christmas appeared like THIS HERE. Then very quickly it was pulled... Of course with a little bit of cyber snooping they were both found. The question is why?

The poster above is the new version. What's the difference? Well, a few small details, mainly in color, contrast and so on are all that I can see. There's a discussion waging online some places, however, that the old version contained some kind of rudy sexual reference, now deleted. Can you spot it? If so, please explain to me where it is and what it is - I'm actually feeling left out for once. So if anyone here knows of or sees a sexual reference drop that knowledge seriously.
Visit the GK Movie Watch Blog at www.Galaxykid.blogspot.com

mr cow

Post by mr cow » Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:23 am

saw this last night and thought it just looked amazing. the 3d technology they are using looks soooo good. i read that star wars might be coming out next year.

also, after watching this movie yet agin, i'm convinced it's one of the best films ever made. the story and pacing is so well done and creative, the characters are amazing, and the music is fantastic and fitting from start to finish. plus it plays such a big part of the movie. did danny elfman get screenwriting credit?

plus animaition wise, it still holds up. it's just so beautiful to look at. i think the problems with the more recent corpse bride is that although the animation was good and it was nice to look at, it just wasn't as strong in all the elements i mentioned above.

nightmare really is a classic.

Og

Re: A Nightmare in 3D

Post by Og » Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:59 am

Johnny Mercury wrote:The poster above is the new version. What's the difference? There's a discussion waging online some places, however, that the old version contained some kind of rudy sexual reference, now deleted. Can you spot it? If so, please explain to me where it is and what it is...
Download the original (BTW, there was a slight error with the URL of the original graphic, which can be found HERE ) and then download the version you posted above. Use your posted version as the background, and then shrink the original down to around 537x804 and paste it in overtop of the other version in Photoshop. Then turn the top layer off and on to see what the differences are.

It's amazing. Almost every pixel changed. There are massive things like the monsters in the background getting bigger in the newer pic. They deleted the atmospheric fog in the newer pic, and sort of focused all the characters. They changed little things like the design of the glasses.

One of the more subtle changes is the size of Sally's detached arm, the one she's picking popcorn with. I believe this is to repair the so-called sexual reference... in the old version, Sally's arm could be mistaken for something :roll: , and this is compounded by the fact that the part of Jack it should be attached to is in complete shadow. In the new version, they've fattened her arm up, lightened it substantially and sort of lit Jack's lap so that it's more clear what's going on. Or not going on.

-Dirty Ole Og
ImageImage

Josh-Ulrich

Post by Josh-Ulrich » Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:57 pm

One of the more subtle changes is the size of Sally's detached arm, the one she's picking popcorn with. I believe this is to repair the so-called sexual reference... in the old version, Sally's arm could be mistaken for something , and this is compounded by the fact that the part of Jack it should be attached to is in complete shadow. In the new version, they've fattened her arm up, lightened it substantially and sort of lit Jack's lap so that it's more clear what's going on. Or not going on.
Call me juvinile, but I found that strikingly hillarious.

PuzzleShift

Post by PuzzleShift » Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:03 pm

This was so much fun! And now I've got a pair of 3D glasses so I can walk around and poke people and say "It's like I can TOUCH you!" and be sad that nobody but my other cool geeky friends gets the reference.