X-Men 3

Discuss films.
ChadTHX1138

Post by ChadTHX1138 » Tue May 09, 2006 9:19 am

I heard from a source that this is danger room footage thats not finished. I dont know how true that is so dont hold me to it...
Chad Townsend

jshamblin

Post by jshamblin » Fri May 12, 2006 12:36 am

That would be nice to finally see the danger room in an X-men movie. By the third film they should be able to afford what would go into making it work on film.

JoeCar

Saw it ....was it good?......ehhhh

Post by JoeCar » Sat May 27, 2006 1:52 pm

Just finished coming back from watching X3 and have to say that the most exciting part for me was watching the Ghost Rider preview now that movie looks like it going to rock Caveman style ungabunga!
Not going to ruin the movie for the rest of you and taking into consideration that it was a different director, the movie was still weak. After awhile all I really cared about was seeing what cool special effects were going to be done next. I don't know if I'm being too harsh but Bryan Singer did I think a better job with the 1rst 2 movies and I dont think he woudl have had it end the way 3 did. I'm just saying if they wanted to kill the Xman franchise to start up the Wolverine solo project, they did a great job. sayonara

Donal

Post by Donal » Sat May 27, 2006 3:31 pm

The movie was just complete eyecandy is all. Wolverine went berzerk ... twice. Jean Grey ripped shit apart, Iceman iced up, and mutant people did mutantly things.

Nothing but a huge SFX extraveganza, and a LOT of subplots/motivations left unresolved and unexplored/explained.

Line you'll most likely be hearing a lot, and see parodied a lot: "You know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!"

I enjoyed it for what it was.

Tip: Stay after the credits.
D.
The Myopic Malcontent.
Deviant Art Site.
Crawl before you walk.
http://www.sketchcrawl.com

chuckbb

Post by chuckbb » Sun May 28, 2006 11:36 am

what a dissapointment, even with lowered expectations! So many bad things, very few redeeming moments. Bad writing, bad acting, bad visfx, bad directing (yep.) uhm.. I'd sum up my review simply by saying that Juggernaut actually does say "I'm the Juggernaut, Bitch" in the film. And that is bad.

also by the very end of the film, with the tid bit at the end after the credits, it essentialy negates the entire film from ever happening.
http://www.CHUCKBB.com

Will trade art for Ulver LPs

jshamblin

Post by jshamblin » Tue May 30, 2006 10:17 pm

The special effects were nice, the basic plot was a good, but the story wasn't executed as well as I hoped.

...and where was Nightcrawler in all of this mess?

E

Post by E » Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:57 pm

wow... you cats were really rough on it.
what exactly were you expecting? makes me feel as if my standards are too low the way you all are ripping on it.
I thought it was exactly what it shoudlve been. I'm tired of deep emotional thoughtful garbage overpowering my action flicks.

I love jeangrey/pheonix whole breaking you down by particle things, i turned off my overcritical special effects eye and i found everything to be fine. Also enjoyed them paying homage to the famous "im the juggernaught, bitch" internet dubbed-movie/cartoon that went around like wildfire back... christmas time?

...i was also saddened by the absence of nightcrawler.
bah.
--------------
dookjooky.com

SonOfaRich

Post by SonOfaRich » Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:30 am

Can anyone here identify some of these random mutants that turn up in X3? Which mutants did you see?
Intergalactic proton powered electrical tentacle advertising droids!!!!!

Josh-Ulrich

Post by Josh-Ulrich » Sat Jun 10, 2006 2:29 pm

Is it just me, or did this x-men triligy make Rouge (a pretty devistating character from the comics, one of the most powerfull eventually) out to be a complete and utter tool.

Honestly, the only thing she ever did in any of the movies was hurt her friends.

The movie was horrible for character development. It was like they tried to cram two movies into one and had to cut out half the footage.

it was pretty though.

Coheteboy

Post by Coheteboy » Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:58 pm

I liked it! It was fun. I think because I was expecting the absolute worst.
My name is Dave.

Yuikio

Post by Yuikio » Fri Jun 16, 2006 2:25 pm

I liked it. It was bad in exactly the way the second one was so careful not to be...baaad dialogue, Halle Berry talked too much, things happened for no other reason than they look pretty (why'd he have to do that with the bridge? So awesome, and so unnecessary.)

It was enjoyable though. Totally. I wish Nightcrawler was in it.

I loved: the Street Fighter showdown between Iceman and Pyroboy or whatever his handle is.

Jean Gray was cooool. Action scenes were awesome. Wolverine kiling people is sweet. No Scott Summers/Cyclops can only be good.

Coheteboy

Post by Coheteboy » Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:02 pm

Yuikio wrote:I loved: the Street Fighter showdown between Iceman and Pyroboy or whatever his handle is.
Hahaha it's just 'Pyro'.
My name is Dave.

Johnny Neat

Horrible!!!

Post by Johnny Neat » Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:27 am

Brett "The worse thing Spielberg ever did!" Ratner is now officially, without a doubt because this straight to video nightmare proves it, a certified hack work for hire. :evil: Marvel should have stopped being cheap with Singer so we wouldn't have had to suffer one more bad trip like this. Thank the comic gods for the planned Wolverine spin-offs and Marvel's Spidey being in Sony's hands. :roll:
Visit the GK Movie Watch Blog at www.Galaxykid.blogspot.com