King Kong...

Discuss films.
Yuikio

Post by Yuikio » Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:32 am

I can't honestly say I did, but that just made me laugh really hard.

KingMixer

Post by KingMixer » Mon Jul 25, 2005 6:31 pm

I seriously can't wait for this, the preview is solid.

Coheteboy

Post by Coheteboy » Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:12 pm

I want someone to throw a burrito at Jack Black in this movie too.

:twisted:
My name is Dave.

Mike Thompson

Post by Mike Thompson » Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:52 pm

I cannot wait for this film! It looks terrific, plus the info gleaned from Peter Jackson's interview on Dateline revealed some insight into the history of Kong...from off-kilter jaw (caused by it being broken long ago), the scar above his right eye/temple (again earned in battle), and the fact that Kong is between 125-150 years old. Sounds very interesting. There was some serious thought and care put into this film, and I am very much looking forward to owning a copy in 2006!

peng8noodles

Post by peng8noodles » Sun Dec 04, 2005 7:03 pm

DUDE THIS MOVIE LOOKS SO AWESOME I CAN'T WAIT FOR IT TO COME OUT!!! AS YOU CAN TELL I AM VERY EXCITED ABOUT IT ESPECIALLY KONG'S BATTLE WITH THE DINOSAURS AND THE PART WHERE HE'S ON THE EMPIRE STATE BUILDING AND HE LEAPS UP AND TOTALLY SMACKS THOSE AIRPLANES AROUND LIKE "WHO'S YOUR DADDY? YEA I'M YOUR DADDY"
:D :D :D :D :D

Captain Uglyhead

Post by Captain Uglyhead » Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:15 pm

Kinda had the end spoiled for me, though, you know. :(

I wonder if those wacky rumors were true, though.
It follows the continuity of the third Ziganokum movie. It stars Shrub Mikanore as Ziganokum and Bizzorum. With Johothin Griggor as Nebulox.

Josh Mauser

Post by Josh Mauser » Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:35 pm

Spoilers are are all but inevitable for a story that's been around for 70 years.

Joe Shig

Post by Joe Shig » Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:04 pm

--Joe.

Josh Mauser

Post by Josh Mauser » Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:34 am

actually, I just read that earlier today...could you tell, Joe? : )

Joe Shig

Post by Joe Shig » Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:02 am

Hehe, that's okay. I often use Penny Arcade lines and claim them as my own, as none of my friends read it, and it makes me sound smarter. 8)
--Joe.

Joey

Post by Joey » Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:06 am

I hear this new one has a different ending where Kong climbs to the top and then falls into another dimension where everybody is a giant gorilla! The cops, the Statue of Lincoln... :P
Visit the Tragic Planet!

Coheteboy

Post by Coheteboy » Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:29 pm

Wow.

I saw this last night and that was three hours of film bliss. Ok, three hours is really long, but I was entertained by 100% of it regardless. Funny thing is that the stuff I would cut out is mostly action sequences! The action is relentless and doesn't let go until it wants to. So basically this is going to be a whole heckuva lot of fun on DVD!

Peter Jackson's KING KONG is seriously gonna be THE film experience you remember this year. It aint' Star Wars or Harry Potter. It's KING FRICKIN' KONG!!!

Deep down I want ILM to win an oscar for Star Wars just because its Star Wars... but after seeing this movie, there's no effing way ILM will win anything this year. King Kong is THAT good. Hail WETA! They nailed it.

Ok I'll stop hyping it because it really is too long. But oh how it was completely worth watching all of it.

Grade: 9/10 (it really deserves a 10, but a lot of this movie is suspending your disbelief. There are times when I could not suspend it, but it was FUN regardless)

Seriously the most entertaining three hour epic I've ever seen. People who wanted a film that matched LOTR on scope and execution definitely have it.
My name is Dave.

Joe Shig

Post by Joe Shig » Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:14 pm

Crap. I wrote a big review here before the forums flew away. Now it's gone.

Ah well. Short version: It was very very good.
--Joe.

Dan Santat

Post by Dan Santat » Sun Dec 18, 2005 2:00 am

Eh I gave it a soft 8 out of 10. Not enough development between Kong and Ann in my opinion. I didn't really enjoy the movie till maybe a third of the way into Skull Island. Hands down the best part of the movie for me was all in New York.

Skyscrapers + 30 Foot Gorilla = Quinessential King King.

I agree about the action needing to be trimmed down. After 3 hours in my seat my back felt like I fell off the Empire State Building.....

I will say though, that there were some sniffles all around in the theater at the end of the film.

I give Naomi Watts a 10..... In hotness!

Parting words....JackBlack: "What did you do with my f*cking Schnitzel?!"
Dan is my name. Art is what I do.

Josh Mauser

Post by Josh Mauser » Sun Dec 18, 2005 3:06 pm

aw, man, this was the most fun I've had at a theater in a while. This movie is pure, unadulterated entertainment.

That little tribal kid was super creepy.

I have to agree with the one previous comment, the way they did 1930's Times Square was awesome.

I really want to play the game now. O_O