Garfield: The Movie (2004 Release Date)

Discuss films.
SonOfaRich

Post by SonOfaRich » Fri Jan 09, 2004 3:31 pm

They should do THE FAMILY CIRCUS trilogy!

douglas a. bot

Post by douglas a. bot » Fri Jan 09, 2004 4:13 pm

See i didn't mind the Rocky And Bullwinkle movie. Everyone seemed to be having fun...that and they got good actors who knew how to ham it up and have fun.
As much as i find Jennifer Love Hewitt really pretty...she really doesn't pack much punch as a competent actress...capable of saving a film.
Seriously though...from all i've heard about Cat in The Hat and the Grinch...they were real duds...Scooby Doo wasn't that great, The Flintstones failed. Is there really that much money lying around Hollywood that they think...maybe if we just give it one more shot on an even weaker license...and throw some cash at it this will be the BIG one?
Why do they keep making this crap??

d.

dik pose

Post by dik pose » Fri Jan 09, 2004 9:39 pm

I just wanna see that Garfield eat lasagna and stomp some spiders, OHHH I can't wait, what will that crazy cat do next?

neil

Post by neil » Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:52 pm

It's really perfect that Bill Murray provides Garfield's voice... I'm probably the only one to notice this, but the guy who did Garfield's voice in the saturday morning cartoon also did the voice of Bill Murray's character in "Ghostbusters" for that cartoon. Or at least it sounded that way when i was little.

I haven't watched the trailer, but from the little blurb I read a few weeks ago, the african american actors (Nick Cannon, etc.) portray vermin! That's kind of awful.

Stick
Flight Moderator

Post by Stick » Sat Jan 10, 2004 12:56 am

here you go guys..

better days...

douglas a. bot

Post by douglas a. bot » Sat Jan 10, 2004 2:29 am

Does Jim Davis even draw Garfield anymore? I heard he just gets assistants to draw over his character templates or something.

dik pose

Post by dik pose » Sat Jan 10, 2004 10:31 am

Yeah, I heard the same thing Doug, but who cares? Thats what makes the comic the best thing in the paper!! The character will never change or do anything different, it will live on for eons. CRAZY CAT EAT YOUR LASAGNA.......again.....and again......and zzzzzzzzzz....