Batman Begins...

Discuss films.
Coheteboy

Post by Coheteboy » Tue Jun 07, 2005 4:46 pm

I'm starting to really get antsy for this movie!!! Ebert & Roeper gave it two thumbs up... and agree with them or not, it's a good sign if they both like a comic book movie.

8)

My name is Dave.

agent44

Post by agent44 » Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:08 pm

A friend of mine from work made it into a press screening last night. He's extremely judicious with his movie reviews and said this one puts all other comicbook movies to shame. So, I'm thinking if he liked it then it's got to be pretty darn good.

Either way, I'm excited for this one.

neil

Post by neil » Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:47 pm

Coheteboy wrote:I'm starting to really get antsy for this movie!!! Ebert & Roeper gave it two thumbs up... and agree with them or not, it's a good sign if they both like a comic book movie.
Oh-boy-oh-boy, Ebert and Roeper's review has me psyched up!

Kazu
Site Admin

Post by Kazu » Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:00 pm

Ohhhhhhh yeaaahhhh. 8)

chuckbb

Post by chuckbb » Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:24 pm

9:30 this eve :)

deantrippe

Post by deantrippe » Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:37 pm

OH GOOD GOD YOU GUYS.

I'm still in shock. I can't believe I just saw a live-action Batman movie that gave a damn about Batman. As a lifelong fan of the character, it's so gratifying to see him and his world portrayed with such care and respect.

Bruce Wayne RULED. Batman RULED. Alfred RULED. Lucius RULED. Scarecrow RULED. The Batmobile RULED. Gordon RULED. Ra's RULED. THE MOVIE FREAKING RULED.

I've gotta go back and see it again, but this is a superhero movie in contention for my elite favorite movies of all time. I can't believe it. And yet, I always knew it could be done.

Hey, and how's about a little shout out for the minor inclusion of that fellow with the name begining with 'Z'? Nice.

chuckbb

Post by chuckbb » Thu Jun 16, 2005 12:23 am

speachless.. perfect.. no complaints, not a one.

SonOfaRich

Post by SonOfaRich » Thu Jun 16, 2005 1:02 am

I must say, the cinematography for this film was smokin! Which makes sense since Katie Holmes was sizzling!

Awesome movie. I'm hoping Warner Bros. has Chris Nolan chained in some basement making Batman movies for the rest of his life.

One thing though, Bale's batman voice bothered me. It sounded like a bad smoker's voice. Michael Keaton still has the best batman voice.
Intergalactic proton powered electrical tentacle advertising droids!!!!!

KingMixer

Post by KingMixer » Thu Jun 16, 2005 1:24 am

I didn't like it, but I'm okay with that.

chuckbb

Post by chuckbb » Thu Jun 16, 2005 1:43 am

SonOfaRich wrote: One thing though, Bale's batman voice bothered me. It sounded like a bad smoker's voice. Michael Keaton still has the best batman voice.

noway, it was perfect, bale has a greeaaat voice, he makes a damn good howl as well.

Finnegan

Post by Finnegan » Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:45 am

loved it!

=BoB=

Kean
Site Admin

Post by Kean » Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:43 pm

Not sure if the IMAX screen I saw this on had anything to do with it, but man alive, did I ever love this movie. It definitely had the first movie version of the Batmobile that I really liked, and it certainly made Alfred a more interesting character, that's for sure.

A+++++++ WOULD DO BUSINESS AGAIN

Just a minor nitpick though, the costume made Bale's face look a little on the chunky side. He has some pretty well defined cheekbones, and I'm surprised they couldn't find a way to work it into the costume.

SonOfaRich

Post by SonOfaRich » Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:55 pm

Kean wrote: Just a minor nitpick though, the costume made Bale's face look a little on the chunky side. He has some pretty well defined cheekbones, and I'm surprised they couldn't find a way to work it into the costume.
I noticed the same thing, but it was only in one scene where his face looked very scrunched up. The rest of the scenes he looked fine in.

neil

Post by neil » Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:09 pm

I'm gonna be a nerd and post about this right after getting home from seeing it! I liked it, it was nice to see Batman on the big screen with wit and spirit (and soul, thanks to Freeman, Oldman, and Caine)... Though my head is still spinning over the fact that:
The batcave was once part of the underground railroad!

I have some niggling complaints and stuff, but no biggie, this is certainly worth seeing.

SonOfaRich

Post by SonOfaRich » Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:40 pm

[quote="neil"]... Though my head is still spinning over the fact that:
The batcave was once part of the underground railroad!
[/quote

LOL!!!! It's not that far fetched, is it?