My WebComic

Post comics.
twconstantine

My WebComic

Post by twconstantine » Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:37 pm

Here is a comic that I've been working on for about 10 months. It's set in the wild west and features a sheriff fighting zombies and stuff. Since I've started, I've learned a WHOLE lot on technique...Thanks to the Cooper Tutorial and several very helpful individuals...Anyway, let me know what you think. I am always looking for ways to improve my comics. Thanks.

http://www.gunfighterslife.com

Here is a page...

slavidzee

Post by slavidzee » Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:53 pm

I like your character style. I think the lettering for bang bang bang bang etc could be more dynamic. Right now, it looks like quiet electronic bangs. It's ok to hand draw it if you dont have access to fancy custom fonts. Also, photoshop has tools that let you distort text in different ways.

Keep on truckin'! You're definitely inspiring me to do the same.
You are what you do repeatedly

slavidzee

Post by slavidzee » Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:02 pm

I just saw the newer versions on your site. classy.
You are what you do repeatedly

twconstantine

Post by twconstantine » Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:06 pm

Thanks! I totally agree with the Bang Bang's...to be honest I never even thought about just drawing the letters! I guess I rely too much on the technology involved! I'll have to re look at that.

JakeKalsbeek

Post by JakeKalsbeek » Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:15 pm

Nice character designs. Zombies stories have been done a lot recently but you've managed to get a unique take on it. One crit I could make is that sometimes the backgrounds feel a little too photoshopy/digital to me. Not all the time but sometimes it feels like you just throw a filter on a background and it is a little distracting to me.

The redone pages you've posted are a big improvement. Keep it up.