STUDIOBLINKTWICE! The BIG thread!! New images every week!

Post comics.
dik pose

Re: STUDIOBLINKTWICE! The BIG thread!! New images every week!

Post by dik pose » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:57 am

Great work, man! Sa-weet!

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:52 pm

Hey Dik! Cheers man, glad you likey!

Here's that pic of serenity from the cover of my 1st sketchbook, enjoy!

More in a few days!

Lorenzo!

Buy and preview books by The Etherington BrothersHERE!

Wei2k

Post by Wei2k » Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:19 pm

dang i'm in awe of your drawing ability. the detail and lines are out of control. those pics of you drawing on a wall look really cool too!

Magnus Rex

Post by Magnus Rex » Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:59 pm

Great imagery Lorenzo! I love the richness and the detail of the drawings/renderings. Rock on!

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:01 pm

Hey guys! Cheers for the kind words!

Well, I've been a very busy 'Enzo these past few months, working on a million and one things as usual including new book deals, computer game stuff, an animated series, an exhibition and lots more inbetween, but I can't announce any of it yet, so I thought I'd better pop in and give you something new to look at and something new to spend your pennies on, if you're so inclined...!

And here it is, the third in my series of "packed to the gills with scribblings" sketchbooks: El Sketchbook Lorenzo Volume 3: ROBOTS!

There's not much else to say other then that if you like 'bots, this book should sort you out with a lot of what you fancy, and it's about 75% previously unseen work, too!

Preview it and all our other books at Comics Boutique HERE

More soon!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:26 am

A quick heads-up to say that I'll be drawing live at the Weapon of Choice Magazine launch party at the Weapon of Choice Gallery here in Bristol On the eve of Friday 23rd Oct. I'll be there from 6pm - 10pm, come along and check out the gallery and it's cool new art mag!

Check the Gallery Blog by CLICKING HERE for more details.

See you there!

Lorenzo!

Seth Wolfshorndl

Post by Seth Wolfshorndl » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:27 am

Great stuff, as always, Lorenzo. Wish I could be there to watch you draw live!
Image Image

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:10 am

Hey Seth! Cheers man! Ah, well, I'll post some piccies up soon to show you how it came out! Cheers!

So, first of all, the Weapon of Choice Magazine Launch Party on Friday night, it was a very cool eve, thanks to all who made it out! I'll be posting pics of the canvas I drew in a few weeks...

Right, down to business, Christmas is coming, the gooses are getting chubby and all that, and there's a few little treats in store for you just in time to make it onto your Chrimbo wish list! Whoop!

If you're in or around Bristol this December you'll have the chance to visit two exhibitons which will feature original artwork by your pal Lorenzo. Details will follow soon, so keep your eyeballs peeled!

Oh, and by popular demand, I've bought the release date for Volume 4 of my sketchbook series ahead to November, so those of you wanting them in time for Chrimbo can get 'em!

Phew! All that and I haven't even told you about our new book deals yet!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:30 am

Here's a really old piece I did a few years back that I never got round to posting up here. It was a press piece for MOON! which was to go on the cover of a comic review mag here in the UK. Before the issue went to print though, the mag ceased to be, so it was never used. The magazine content was split in two, and read from both the front and the back, so I had to do a wraparound cover which would work both ways up, if you see what I mean!

It appears now in the forth volume of my new sketchbook series, which will be released at the end of this month. I thought however that you'd all appreciated seeing it in this MASSIVE form, feel free to use as your desktop wallpepr!

Cheers!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:10 am

So, as mentioned a couple of weeks ago, I have pieces in a few shows this christmas, one of which is the Ink-dot exhibition at the Howies Store here in Bristol.

Ink-dot is an exhibition of 34 prints by some seriouly talented folks, and I'm lucky enough to have been invited to be a part of it. The Prints are all limited editions of 50, and are A2 in size. I'll be posting up an image of my print in a few weeks, once the show is underway.

Opens on November 26th and runs right up until Christmas.

My print features the first appearance of STRANSKI, a brand new comic property that you'll be hearing a lot more about over the next year, so stay tuned!

Cheers!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:51 am

Hey-hey, folks, so I was going to save this one until December, but I've had some requests to release it early so that those of you who like to get the Kustom versions with original sketches can get your orders in in time for Chrimbo. So here we go, El Sketchbook Lorenzo volume 4: Weird Worlds is now available all over the world! Lovely.

This one's for all the concept art fans out there, and is packed to the gills with environmental sketchs, designs and fully finished illustrations, many of which have never been seen before. You can buy it HERE!

On a side note, I had a few mails from people this month letting me know of a print fault in some of the El Sketchbooks where the pages have all been printed in reverse order! As these books are printed per order, it's a fault at Lulu's end, so if you have this problem with a book, log into your lulu account, go to the "My Lulu" section you'll see a heading saying "My recent orders" Click the number beside the order and it'll take you to a page where you can report a fault with the book. They'll send you a replacement. Obviously I was really annoyed about this, and have sent lulu a big old complaint, so the problem should be fixed now, but if anyone else has this problem, please let me know so I can kick some a$$. The Etherington Brothers don't like their books being messed up by clumsy printers!

Right, that's enough of that, enjoy this little preview of the new book, and I'll be back soon with more stuff for you to eyeball!

Lorenzo!

wendyw

Post by wendyw » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:34 am

I'm glad to see you're still posting the awesome stuff here.
I wonder how much I've missed while I've been away from here. I think I'm going to need to set aside a few days just to look at this thread.

steve_i

Post by steve_i » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:22 pm

Just been flipping through this thread. Your artwork is amazing!

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:43 am

Hey Wendy! Good to see you! Yes, lots of new stuff for your eyeballs! Hope you enjoy skooting through all the new stuff! Cheers!

Hey-hey, Steve-i! Thanks man, very cool that it's made you smile, buddy, thank you!

A little step-by-step here, of the lineart for my Transformers cover. Check back through my previous posts to see the full colour version.

More soon!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:51 am

Hey-hey, a late one here, couldn't take the wraps off it until everything was in place, but I'll be proudly representing Bristol in a Bris vs London Secret Wars live art battle tomorrow night at the Awesome Blue Mountain Club here in town. I'll be scribbling with top man Andy on the Bristol team, and we'll be up against a couple of top-notch street artists from good ole' London town, so it should be an enjoyable night.
GO HERE to check out the Secret Wars site, with details in their calender section of how to get to the club and all that jazz.

I'll be popping the caps off the ole' markers from 11pm onwards, see you there! In the meantime, here's a pic from my last live draw at the Weapon of Choice night...

Lorenzo!