STUDIOBLINKTWICE! The BIG thread!! New images every week!

Post comics.
Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:22 am

Here we are at the end of the Malcolm preview chapter, I hope you've enjoyed the silliness, and that it's given you a taste for the book.

Right, time to get back to the new stuff, methinks! So stay tuned for robots, girls, monkeys, monsters, and other robots, all on their way here in but a matter of moments!

Cheers!

Lorenzo!

Buy and preview books by The Etherington BrothersHERE!

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:58 pm

Another Monkey Nuts in-progress shot here, from back in July, of the Foaming Falls. On the monitor here you can also see a panel from the Monkey Nuts Break Out Bonanza story.

More in a second!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:11 am

Two little Monkey Nuts pics here, first up, those of you who are already DFC readers will know the first book-length Monkey Nuts adventure came to it's conclusion last Friday, meaning a NEW adventure starts in four days time! Yeah!

Secondly, a break-down of the Channel 5 special I drew on TV a few months ago. As this had to be prepped in about 3 hours, I had to draw like the wind, which meant it came out as quite a simple little page, but I thought I'd show you guys the stages I went through to draw it. As it was being filmed, I decided to fake-up a blueline rough (I usually work on a lightbox, but that doesn't show on camera very well). When the show was put together they actually super-imposed Isla (the news reporter)into the pages of the comic for part of the report, which was very cool.

More coming up in a bit!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:20 am

Hey folks! Here's a little snap-shot of what I'm working on today, flatting the colours in for the latest Monkey Nuts pages, which feature a very large sewer monster. This is actually a pretty small panel on the page, though this shot's on a 27" screen.

More in a bit!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:37 am

Hey, hey, everybody!

Those of you who regularly check in here will remember me posting a stage by stage progress shot of the lineart for today's post a few months ago. Well, here's a shot of the final image, along with the full page the panel came from (being page 45 in the MN adventure). Enjoy!

Right, Bob and I are off to do a couple of workshops/signings in the Moon Lane bookshops in London tomorrow, as the final date on our mini Monkey Nuts tour (more dates to be announced in the new year)!

More Monkey nuts next week, including a shot of the latest DFC cover (issue 22) which came out today!

Cheers!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:00 am

Hey folks! Well, we just got back form a great time doing a coiple of appearances and the wonderful Moon Lane bookshops in London, many thanks to everyone who came along and all the young DFC readers and Monkey Nutters we met!

Right, as mentioned last week, Monkey Nuts are on the cover of the DFC this week! I'll post up the original art in a bit, but for now, here's a shot of the issue (no 22)...

More coming before you know it!

Lorenzo!

wendy w

Post by wendy w » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:07 am

I really like that three-wheeler.
If I knew how to drive anything I would so want one.
(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) Bunny says you need to read

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:51 am

Hey Wendy! Thank you, glad you liked it!

Goodness gracious, I'm ENGAGED!

No words to describe how lucky I feel, just very very very happy!

As you might expect, I proposed in the form of a little comic book! This was so much fun to draw and write, as I wanted it to be all about my girl, from the style to the characters to the silly language they all use.

More comic postings when I mosey on down from cloud nine.

Lorenzo!

dark77778

Post by dark77778 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:22 am

Wow, that's really cute Lorenzo! Congratulations! Did she actually read through the whole comic first before accepting, or did she just see the last panel?
I'm my own breed of eccentric.

wendy w

Post by wendy w » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:53 am

Yay!
Great news. :D
(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) Bunny says you need to read

Magnet

Post by Magnet » Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:48 pm

Wooo! Well done man! I hope you're both very happy together!!

God bless you both!! :D

Seth Wolfshorndl

Post by Seth Wolfshorndl » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:30 pm

That's awesome, Lorenzo! What a cool thing to always have to look back on.

Yeah, I was wondering, too... did she make it to the end?

Congrats, man! That's awesome you're paired up with another artist! Here's to many years of happiness and mutual inspiration!

-Seth
Image Image

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:08 am

Hey Dark! No, I mad the whole strip into a little perfect bound paper back book, with one panel per page, so she didn't really figure out what it was about until the very end! Thanks for the kind words buddy!

Wendy! Thank you!!!!

Hey Magnet! Thanks so much! I feel sooo lucky, I'm very excited to be her man! Cheers!

Seth! Hey bro! Yeah, as I said to Dark, the whole thing was made into a little book, so she HAD to read it in order! Great fun to watch! Thank you so much for the congratulations and kind words, very much appreciated!

So, I've been away for a while, but that doesn't mean I haven't been scribbling like mad! Today I'm going to show you another full Monkey Nuts page (page 52), keen eyes will remember seeing a post of me drawing this bad-boy many months ago...

Oh, and I'm now nearly at page 100!

Monkey Nuts appears every week only in The DFC!

More soooon!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:21 am

Before I get to today's piccies, I have a whole TON of news for you, including several Monkey Nuts competitions and things!

First up, those who bought the mighty Guardian Newspaper on Saturday the 22nd Nov will have seen that they're running a "design a monster" type Monkey Nuts competition. Winners will win a trip to the DFC underground HQ, to meet the guys behind the comic and get the chance to see the comic in production etc! A truely great prize for sure!

Next up. for the writer in you, we are very proud to announce that the National year of Reading is running a special Monkey Nuts caption competition! Winners will be judged by Bob and I, but you need to get your entries in by December 20th, so get typing! You can enter the comp HERE.

Thirdly, for those of you who just want to win even MORE stuff, the DFC has a very special advent calender up online, with prizes every day from now until Chrimbo! It utilises my Toy Factory illustration I produced for the Guardian last Chrimbo, GO HERE to win some swag and get down to the excellent festive grooves!!

In other news, my brother Robin (or Bob) is now a lead writer for Titan's excellent new Tranformers Animated comic. He's alread penned about 6 issues' worth of stories, and the first is already on the shelves. The quantitiy of stuff my bro is putting out at the moment is astounding, so stay tuned for lots more releases penned by him as we go into 2009!

Right, that's enough chat, now, following on from the recent release of Dreamworks Madagascar 2, I've had a lot of requests (particularly over on DA) to see some more of my Dreamworks Madagascar comic pages. So, without further ado, here's a double page spread of lineart from the story "Independance day", and a little single panel of Alex for those who like to see how my final colours came out.

Enjoy, more soon!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:05 pm

Hey folks! More step-by step scribblings today of a Monkey Nuts double-pager...

Oh, online entertainment megalith, Amazon, have just teamed up with the DFC to launch a special subscription pack! WOO-HOO! Get it HERE! There are also already some great reviews for the comic at the bottom of that page, scroll down 'em to see what folk think of it!

Lorenzo!