Coffee Table Comics

Post comics.
Jason_Brubaker

Re: Coffee Table Comics

Post by Jason_Brubaker » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:25 pm

Okay, so I just learned how to make my own fonts because so many people (on other forums) hated the fact that I was using Comic Sans. Ha. Now that I have published 3 issues I am changing out all the text with my own font. Oh well. I will post some of the pages with new improved fonts here soon I think. I'd be curious to see what you all think.

-PookeyG-

Post by -PookeyG- » Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:47 am

I LOVE these pages. This is terrific. I'm glad you mentioned the lettering because it is REALLY killing me and pulling me out of the story.

I'm not a type snob or anything, but comic sans doesn't fit your art style. Aesthetically it just looks counter to the rest of your pages. I can't wait to see what your personal font looks like.

Once I get some more money in to my bank account I'm buying your comics.
Blog/Portfolio--- www.FireLightsMedia.com
My comics--- www.FunnyThingComic.com

Jason_Brubaker

Post by Jason_Brubaker » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:26 am

PookeyG - Here are the same pages but with the font I created from my handwriting. Hope it looks better to you and fits with the art. I know I like it 100% more then Comic Sans. I want to make a hand drawn version of the Courier font for the chapter titles too. I still need to work on the word balloons and the sound effects though. Thanks for your encouraging words with all this.

EDIT- Woops I put up the wrong pages here. Sorry for the confusion.
Last edited by Jason_Brubaker on Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jason_Brubaker

Post by Jason_Brubaker » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:29 am

Oops, I posted these pages in the wrong thread. These are for my graphic novel I've been working on for years. I'll post some new Phobos pages soon with a few font options that I'm playing with too.

Sorry for mixing threads!