From Death Til Now Chapter 3 Resumes! The Villains Emerge!

Post comics.
Joost

Re: From Death Til Now Chapter 3 Resumes!

Post by Joost » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:17 pm

I've re-read this webcomic from page 1 this weekend and I just want to say that this is a really good story you are telling here. I lost track of the storyline a while back because I missed a few updates and when I finally picked up it was with a flashback page so I had no idea what was happening. But now I've read it from the beginning I have to say this is a very well constructed story.

One thing though, when reading trough those the evidence letters from the 1940's they didn't strike me as being written by the army. I couldn't tell you how they should be written, but I just feel somebody in the army would use some kind of "army language" If you know what I mean. I do love the way you made them look like they where typed on an old typewriter.

Keep 'm coming!

thirdeyeh

Post by thirdeyeh » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:26 am

Thanks for giving the book a read through Joost! I really think the strength of this book will come when peopel can read it all as one chunk. Which is really starting to make think through how I will present book 2. It's been a tough story to keep all of my bearings on as its goes through a lot of beats over time. Glad it gelled well for you!

The government documents are a strange thing. i spend a lot of time looking at old UFO documents from that time period. You;d be surprised how informal they are. I also left the spelling errors in them as they generally are a sign that the letter is genuine, since we didnt have word processors then. It was fun and I hope to make some more soon.

briantaylor

Post by briantaylor » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:01 pm

I like that you've done your research, regarding the old UFO documents and such. Interesting to hear how informal they were back then.

thirdeyeh

Post by thirdeyeh » Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:30 pm

I'm a bit of a UFO nerd man. I have watched so many documentaries and such. A lot of them were personal memos written between departments and individuals and so their language can be pretty loose. they weren't really intending these to be documents people would scrutinize. Because, honestly, it was above top secret. I can say however FDTN doesnt deal with aliens. 8)

thirdeyeh

Post by thirdeyeh » Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:48 am

One more page until the scene is over.

Joost

Post by Joost » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:33 am

The government documents are a strange thing. i spend a lot of time looking at old UFO documents from that time period. You;d be surprised how informal they are. I also left the spelling errors in them as they generally are a sign that the letter is genuine, since we didnt have word processors then. It was fun and I hope to make some more soon.
I had no idea! I guess I'm so used to hearing this military talk on tv that I forgot this are just people too! Like Brian said, it is very cool to hear you did your research. This kind of research information would look nice on your "extras" page, I'm sure there are a lot of people who would like to read it.

thirdeyeh

Post by thirdeyeh » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:50 am

I need to beef that section up in general. It's been on the "to-do" list for like a year! Need to set some time aside and just do it. Good suggestion though. I've been wanting to make amore conserted effort to build up a certain fan-base and mentality around that site. Making it a hub for conspiracy and alternate history information.

Mr. Average

Post by Mr. Average » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:41 pm

I gotta go with Joost on this one. Granted, as a creator, it's always a risk that you'll get lost in your own ideas, but background material properly presented always makes for interesting reading, as an appendix or such, and can help enrich the story greatly, as well as being interesting in its own right. In my opinion, anyway. I always liked books that appended maps, timelines, etc. to the story at the end - not really CRUCIAL to understanding the storyline, but it was like icing on the cake.

Actually, an interesting idea for a web layout project would be to work up the "background" page to look like Virgil's bulletin board - link the graphics to articles, etc., with the story behind the story.

As for the artwork, by the way, it's as strong as ever, so keep it up!

--M
Image Image

thirdeyeh

Post by thirdeyeh » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:36 am

Thanks Mr. Average! I have tooled around with doing a section of the site that is dedicated to like an alternate reality style game or deeper exploration of the main mythology. Still tooling around with that. It will probably make more sense once book 1 is done and the table is set so to speak for everything else. The site needs some updates. I just need to commit myself to sitting down and doing it.

Alas here's the last page of this scene.

thirdeyeh

Post by thirdeyeh » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:59 am

Now that Amulet 3 is wrapped up, I was able to dive back in to FDTN world. We pick up again on the island after George and Virgil's spat.

thirdeyeh

Post by thirdeyeh » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:28 pm

George is a bit of a fan of the strong drink 8)

thirdeyeh

Post by thirdeyeh » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:34 pm

The villains emerge!!

thirdeyeh

Post by thirdeyeh » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:39 pm

thirdeyeh

Re: From Death Til Now Chapter 3 Resumes! The Villains Emerge!

Post by thirdeyeh » Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:21 pm

thirdeyeh

Re: From Death Til Now Chapter 3 Resumes! The Villains Emerge!

Post by thirdeyeh » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:22 pm