New Monkey King story

Post comics.
edcorrea

New Monkey King story

Post by edcorrea » Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:32 pm

Hello everybody. I just want to show you the second page (we are making improvements in the first one) of my project about the Monkey King. It isn´t a origin tale... just a little tale (15 pages more or less) about one fictional event with him versus another character.
I'm writing and a friend of mine are drawing.
Hope you like it. Comments are welcome!

By edcorrea at 2008-03-06

Ed Correa
Edward Correa

Scott Hallett

Post by Scott Hallett » Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:40 am

This is very nice. I love the little details in the helmet/hand holding the sword. One suggestion might be to add a bit more white into the figure in the foreground. Right now it blends a bit with the grays in the back panels.

edcorrea

Post by edcorrea » Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:11 am

Thank you for your suggestion. This is a work in progress. Our goal is to make the pages in full color, so... the backgrounds going to have details too.
Thanks very much...!
Edward Correa

Daystorm

Post by Daystorm » Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:18 pm

Very nice artwork, character design and linework. My only concern is how many times the Monkey King story has been done. Hopefully, there's a new take on it? Or is it a sequel to the legend?

How come I feel like I've seen your name somewhere before? :)

Have you done other work?

edcorrea

Post by edcorrea » Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:55 am

Thank you for your words, Daystorm!

Yes, this is another story with the Monkey King on it, but this time the concept is different. The only element from the legend of Sun Wukong is Sun Wukong himself. This is just a short story about the Monkey and another creature.

And, for your second question the answer is yes, but not outside Costa Rica. My first work was published in a comics magazine named PLAN9, here in Costa Rica. There, I write a story (named "El regreso del héroe" - "The return of the hero") about a man-turned-dog that become a kind of superhero. Like a vigilante. This character was based on a Costa Rican legend. My other work is a futuristic novel (a little one) named "Carta al Futuro" - "A letter to the future" that I and a friend of mine get published on www.lulu.com, an editorial online.

Maybe when we finish this story about the Monkey, we can start to look for an editorial for get printed. Who knows? My dream is that this story or another one will be published some day.
Edward Correa