New Member-My Comic

Post comics.
CameronCN

New Member-My Comic

Post by CameronCN » Thu May 10, 2007 3:13 pm

Hi! I just joined the forums here, and I'd like to show you guys my comic. It's a long-form graphic novel in black and white. I just posted the 15th page this morning. To read it, just click on the icon in my signature. Tell me what you think!

CameronCN

Post by CameronCN » Fri May 25, 2007 10:37 am

You know, I was kinda hoping for more comment than this...

twconstantine

Post by twconstantine » Fri May 25, 2007 11:50 am

Well I like it! Is it all pen and paper, or are you doing this digitally? Also, is this going to be an ongoing comic, or a short story? Nice work! It's unique and looks good!

Seth Wolfshorndl

Post by Seth Wolfshorndl » Fri May 25, 2007 6:50 pm

You have a very unique style going on here... I like it quite a bit! It has the feel of a woodcut print, even though you're doing it digitally. Your backgrounds are the strongest part. Your figures could use just a bit of tightening up (to make them contrast with the sketchy backgrounds).

These first few pages are interesting, but you might consider adding a bit more action. I heard once that the first page of a comic should be either a bomb or a lit fuse... to draw the reader in quickly. While the artwork is engaging, you might want to spice up the beginning a bit, to make sure people hang around for the rest of the book.

Strong work, though... good luck with it!

-Seth
Image Image

CameronCN

Post by CameronCN » Fri May 25, 2007 8:03 pm

twconstantine wrote:Well I like it! Is it all pen and paper, or are you doing this digitally? Also, is this going to be an ongoing comic, or a short story? Nice work! It's unique and looks good!
Thanks. :) I'm drawing it digitally on Corel Painter X. My plan for it is for it to be a 400-600 page graphic novel, devided into 5 books, each with a semi-independent storyline. Needless to say, it's a fairly long-term project. I imagine my style will probably change from time to time. It's going to be something of a philosophical/religous fantasy epic. I just wish I could draw faster...

jgriffiths

Post by jgriffiths » Mon May 28, 2007 3:56 pm

CameronCN wrote:You know, I was kinda hoping for more comment than this...
Most people are lazy, and don't want to open new windows just to check something out, a couple of preview pages would go a long way.

Tudor City

Post by Tudor City » Tue May 29, 2007 2:22 pm

jgriffiths wrote:
CameronCN wrote:You know, I was kinda hoping for more comment than this...
Most people are lazy, and don't want to open new windows just to check something out, a couple of preview pages would go a long way.
Hahah thanks for the tip!