Khang Le Technique Question

General Discussion
Donal

Khang Le Technique Question

Post by Donal » Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:20 pm

A chap on the Bendis Board posted this message, and I thought I'd re-post it here for him. Figured someone here might know how to answer it.

[QUOTE=TheAFNYGuy;2431808]One of my favorite stories in my new Flight Volume 2 is "Monster Slayers" by Khang Le. I'm very interested in the style, because I was planning on trying to do a story with a similar look. Originally, I was going to lay down all my colors with watercolor, and then ink ink the lines. However, as I'm getting a tablet soon, I may try to simulate the effects of this with a tablet. The style of Monster Slayers isn't this, but there are some techniques in it I'd like to learn. So, if anyone knows what medium was used for that story, or has any experience getting that look, it'd be awesome if you could help me out.[/QUOTE]
D.
The Myopic Malcontent.
Deviant Art Site.
Crawl before you walk.
http://www.sketchcrawl.com

neil

Post by neil » Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:13 pm

I don't think Khang checks this part of the forum often, so I'll say that he colors his comics on the computer.

Kazu
Site Admin

Post by Kazu » Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:26 am

Yep, it was done in photoshop (using a Wacom Intuos2) with some pretty simple brushes. I recommend creating a square brush with the opacity set to pen pressure and also a nice smudge tool. Just these two tools can get you a pretty nice watercolor effect in photoshop...