I'm new to the flight forums

General Discussion
jshamblin

I'm new to the flight forums

Post by jshamblin » Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:17 am

Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum (well, I've been here for about a week or two now), but for some reason I feel very comfortable here. It seems like everyone here is family. I would love to be a part of it, even if it is only by interacting through a post or two. I'm really just a big fanboy who likes to read about his favorite artists! I love to draw and tell silly stories too, so maybe a few of you might humor me by critiquing a few of them later on...

:) Jerry Shamblin

Nofret

Post by Nofret » Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:25 pm

Welcome aboard, gla to have you here. And do feel free to post any of your art :) (cute avatar by the way)

Blom

Post by Blom » Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:34 pm

Cool style you got jshamblin.
I think you have to show you images around on the Flight forum! They look great. :wink:

Blom

bannister

Post by bannister » Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:15 am

Hi !

Joey

Post by Joey » Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:23 am

Welcome!

Yes, FLIGHT is the friendliest place on the 'net, that's for sure! It's really great, and you've got a great mixture of FLIGHT contributors, fans, and other excellent artists posting here. I'm not as frequent of a poster as I once was (because I'm a loser!), but I still check the forums several times a day...I guess that makes me a "lurker"...? :P
Visit the Tragic Planet!

jshamblin

Post by jshamblin » Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:14 am

Thank you for taking the time to say hi. Maybe I shouldn't have posted without providing a few illustrations. I thought it was customary to introduce yourself before you post on a new forum, but as I look through other threads- I guess it was unnecessary. :oops: I'll post a few samples
later tonight.

Nofret: You're a very talented artist! I love the intro comic to your site and the Harry Potter comics! Funny stuff.

Blom: You have some great work on your site too. I'm going to stop by again later a look at more.

Bannister: I've been a fan of you work for a while. I'm very fond of your zombie love story.

Joey: I enjoyed reading The Ride Home. I bookmarked it.

JP

Post by JP » Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:47 pm

jshamblin wrote:I'll post a few samples
later tonight.
Welcome. I'm looking forward to your artwork. :)

jshamblin

Post by jshamblin » Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:55 pm

Thank you, JP. I got a kick out of Northern Overexposure. Do you update iit often? The art is fantastic!

Here's a few my recent illustrations and works in progress. There's nothing special, really. I hesitate to even post them, but I said I would...

Unfinished self portrait (drew this an hour ago)

Unfinished Gophers Tickle

Sorry for lion for Ifriday

Entry for Drawn! from Memory

I'm working on a few other projects, one of which is a comic that includes the character from my avatar. So far it's all narrative, the dog doesn't speak (only supporting cast members). I would post samples, but the artwork is larger than my scanner and I have a deadline to meet soon. Time is rare as of late. I want to post something for feedback by Sunday though.

JP

Post by JP » Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:01 pm

I love these! No need to hesitate! I can't decide which one is my favourite, the lion, the tree or the brain-pic. :) Really like that line of yours.

I'm glad you liked N.O. Thank you! I'll be updating something maybe here or maybe at my blog at some point.

Kazu
Site Admin

Post by Kazu » Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:02 am

These are great! :D

Phil McAndrew

Post by Phil McAndrew » Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:56 am

Excellent work!

Ian Jay
Location: America: The Magical Land of Neutron Bombs, Lean Pockets, And Napoleon Dynamite

Post by Ian Jay » Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:26 pm

Dang, this stuff is on point!

~IJ

jshamblin

Post by jshamblin » Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:44 pm

JP-- Awesome. Your blog is bookmarked! :wink:

Kazu-- Thank you! I've been a huge fan of your work for some time now. I hope to see Copper in Graphic Novel form one of these days... man, would that sale!

Phil McAndrew-- I enjoyed your Dudley & Elliott comics. I would love to see those updated some day. Bean looks pretty good too from what I've seen.

Ian Jay-- You artwork reminds me of Questin Blake's. I like your writing style too. Thanks for the comment.

Joey

Post by Joey » Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:15 pm

Woah! Cool!!

That lion is soooo good! :D

(also, glad you like The Ride Home!)
Visit the Tragic Planet!

matthewart

Post by matthewart » Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:35 pm

hello jshamblin. I just bearly saw your avatar in another thread and liked it and I wondered what else you do. and finally found this thread. There's only a lion but man... just wanted to tell ya I like the colors and feeling of the lion and the avatar... and your site (may it live very soon)... can't wait to see more. Nice to meetcha
[email protected]

"We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams" ~ Arthur O'Shaughnessy