Thank you Phil Craven and Kazu Kibuishi

General Discussion
penn

Thank you Phil Craven and Kazu Kibuishi

Post by penn » Sat Nov 12, 2005 10:15 pm

hay every one, figure this is probebly the place to post this, but if it isn't or doesnt justify a new thread, sorry in advance.

Just wanted to say Thank You very much to Phil Craven and Kazu Kibuishi for coming to SCAD this week and giving some amazing workshops. I only managed to make it to the flight one, but every one i have spoken to that went to the other two workshops said you were both brilliant (I over heard mr Craven talking to one of the students how he thought his story boarding workshop got a bit dull toward the end, but the people i asked that were there all said it was increadably helpful and they actually picked up more from that, than in their actual storyboarding classes). It was nice to meet people in the industry that were so easy to talk to, and didnt get annoyed at the stupidly large number of questions i asked.

So thats about it, Just wanted to say a big Thankyou to the both of you, i dont think i have ever been this inspired in my life. hope you two have a safe trip back to Sunny CA and that work goes well.

cheers.

jpjpjp

Post by jpjpjp » Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:15 pm

I'd also like to thank both of you. You brought some wonderful ideas about comics with you and really refreshed my attitude and perception of the medium and the 'industry'. You reminded me why I love to make comics.

So, thanks for making the trip! Hope you enjoyed my mini comics.

Joey

Post by Joey » Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:44 pm

Yeah, it was great to meet you two! This may be the last Comics Art Forum that I get to attend so it was good to go out this way....also, where we've had some disasterous Panel Discussions in the past, this may have been the first one I've seen that went smoothly and was very interesting and informative, thanks in part to you guys! :D
Visit the Tragic Planet!

amhardly

Post by amhardly » Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:53 pm

Yeah, I'll get in on this thanks, too. I'm not a huge comic book guy as far as the marvel and dc artists go, so yours were the most interesting viewpoints. Also, I'm an animator. Or want to be. So, that seems relevant too.

Also I bought both Flights after finding out that Kazu, Vera Brosgol, and Bengal were involved and so it's really cool to find new artists from that. I don't even remember how I got referred to Copper but it all started there.

Just sayin' that because today there was discussion of what good a website does.

Kazu
Site Admin

Post by Kazu » Sun Nov 13, 2005 12:49 am

Aw, thanks guys. I had a blast during these workshops and I hope we do get to do this again next year. We definitely learn just as much or more than you guys do just by talking about all this stuff and speaking with all of you. I love it. By the way, the level of talent of the Sequential Art students moving through SCAD was really impressive, but the best part was seeing that so many people were very humble and had a great attitude about their work. This is a sign of some good teaching and guidance. Anyway, thanks again, and I'm really glad you all liked the workshops and the panel!

Now it's time for me to sleep.... zzzz

penn

Post by penn » Sun Nov 13, 2005 8:40 am

wow.... so many people from scad here, thats pretty awesome. I wonder who you guys are.... lol

atticstatic

Post by atticstatic » Sun Nov 13, 2005 1:05 pm

Also:

Thanks for the great portfolio review Kazu! :D

Josh Mauser

Post by Josh Mauser » Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:25 pm

ditto on the thanks! And for signing Daisy Kutter and Flight for me.

I thought SCAD did the Forum really well, they seemed to varied sides of the spectrum, namely Kazu and Phil, Christy, and the rest of the folks from DC and Marvel.

hope to see you guys back, and I'm looking forward to Flight 3 and Amulet. (it was so cool to see some of the thumbnails! :D )

arlington

Post by arlington » Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:59 pm

Thanks from me too. Been a fan for a while, and a lurker here. I did'nt get into your workshops, but made it to the forum, it was great to see and hear from the person behind all the inspiring art and stories. Thanks for coming. I hope you had as good a time as us SCAD peeps seem to have had.