WHAT IS TORCH TIGER?

General Discussion
Stick
Flight Moderator

Re: WHAT IS TORCH TIGER?

Post by Stick » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:58 pm

Rocky wrote:
dark77778 wrote:
squirpy wrote:What's the deal with Aurian Redson's story? Why is it exactly like Scott Pilgrim?
Got that vibe too eh squirpy? I'd like to know as well, being from Toronto and all.

Still, picked up my copy the second day after seeing it in the window[first night I stepped in too late and the cash was closed]. I like it very much, though I have mixed feelings about the reappearance of certain RJ characters. On one hand, it's a nice tribute to those who have read RJ, but on the other hand it feels as though it's not as creative as it could be. Still, can't wait for Dead Zero.
Yeah I just got my copy too and was a little bummed out about that - definitely looked like a blatant rip-off of Scott Pilgrim. I don't mean to be mean either but srsly, I'd like to hear from the author about that one.
wow, now I'm interested in seeing what this story looks like. I've read all of the Scott Pilgrim books so far, so can you describe what's similar between the two?

squirpy

Post by squirpy » Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:13 pm

I PMed you an image - it just looks exactly like Scott Pilgrim and has people fighting with hit points and xp and all that stuff that Scott Pilgrim does. I'm sure it's meant to be an homage, I just was hoping to find somewhere where it said something about it.
I keep a sketchblog here

Stick
Flight Moderator

Post by Stick » Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:21 pm

squirpy wrote:I PMed you an image - it just looks exactly like Scott Pilgrim and has people fighting with hit points and xp and all that stuff that Scott Pilgrim does. I'm sure it's meant to be an homage, I just was hoping to find somewhere where it said something about it.

Thanks for sending me it. I have to admit, I blinked once or twice and I think I even squinted. I'm hoping it's a homage.