DanSelleck.com v2.0

General Discussion
dan

DanSelleck.com v2.0

Post by dan » Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:23 am

Hey, i just wanted to let everyone know that I've updated my website to a more portfolio based format. I threw in some jquery for the illustrations and even put in a cool php theme switcher! Just click on the numbers above the illustration to change the look of the site!

http://www.danselleck.com

;)

Nick

Post by Nick » Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:22 pm

Real nice Dan, probably one of the most direct sites I've been to. Instantaneous, no messing about, great themes, jobs a good'un. :)

dan

Post by dan » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:46 pm

Thanks Nick.

I decided to make the switch over to a one page site after seeing a lot of artists make the same move. I'm hoping that it works out and I can pull in some better projects with the concise approach.

Nick

Post by Nick » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:10 pm

Yeah what's the rule? Three clicks and if the user still hasn't arrived at the art you've lost them? Something like that. I can't stand websites that make you guess where the buttons are or break everything into several sub genres, each stacked under the other.

I remember you did some impressive studies of record stores and general interiors quite a while back. Often they featured incidental humans as well; it might be worth hosting a couple of those on your site as well, just to round things off. I know you have some dynamic studies of humans in repose, but at the moment there's nothing on the new site that indicates you have these skills. It sounds silly, but you and I both know that prospective clients have to be lead by the hand. Food for thought anyway :)

dan

Post by dan » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:18 pm

Yeah, those panorama drawings were nice, two years ago. I was looking through my work and I decided that i had better pieces. I think i might do another one some day but for the most part they just take SO long to create.

As for human studies, it's funny you mention it, it's my next step in my portfolio. I noticed that I draw FAR more animals than I do people so I'm working on a piece right now that will hopefully help me to clear up that problem.

Well, thanks for the input, I'll hopefully have some new work plus a page or two out of the book that I'm making (that has LOTS of humans in it) posted soon.

Nick

Post by Nick » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:24 am

man-tastic!