Dream Fictional Vacation [Where would you go?]

General Discussion
dark77778

Dream Fictional Vacation [Where would you go?]

Post by dark77778 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:22 am

^_^ So, this is something that's been churning about in my head for a while since I picked up the encyclopedia of fictional locations. Unfortunately it's missing some key places, in my mind, but that's mainly because I think the writers are lazy bums who only like to put down mostly LOTR settings which I don't care about.

That aside, here's what I want to know. Let's say I were to give you $1,000,000 universal currency units and a magical portal to any fictional location(s) of your choosing, and a week's time, where would you go and what would you do? And yes, you can go to your own fictional locations too if you wish. [I'll post my own, five posts in if this actually takes off...it's just a little something for fun].
Last edited by dark77778 on Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm my own breed of eccentric.

jdalton

Post by jdalton » Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:15 pm

Gee, that's tough. Most of the most interesting stories I can think of happen in places that would be very dangerous or unpleasant to visit in person.

How about Hain, the homeworld of the ancestors of humankind in Ursula LeGuin's sci-fi series? It is a peaceful contemplative world with eons of history and a cosmopolitan sensibility. No doubt this is why the planet takes such a minor role in her books. But still, it's right up my alley. I wish I could visit, but I don't know how I'd get there as faster-than-light travel is impossible in her universe.
Jonathon Dalton
Image Image