Small Press Expo this weekend!

General Discussion
dave roman

Small Press Expo this weekend!

Post by dave roman » Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:21 pm

This is always one of my favorite shows of the year. SPX is consistently one of the best places to find art from people who don't go to any other comic conventions ever. So you can find unique hand made comics that you won't come across anywhere else. Stuff that really breaks the mold of what you'd expect a comic could or should be. Also it's all in one hotel that most of the cartoonists are staying at so it creates a real communal vibe that allows you to chat more with your favorite artists.

http://www.spxpo.com/

Joey

Post by Joey » Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:14 am

Woo hoo!! My favorite show for sure! I love SPX!

So, yeah, I'll be there :D We're set up at D10-D12b. We being:

Joey Weiser (that's me!), Drew Weing, Eleanor Davis, David Yoder, Adam Aylard, and maybe others!

Debuting is the newest Fluke Anthology, this time edited by Drew Weing, which I've got a fun little comic in.

I'll, as usual, have copies of all my minis (minus The Unremarkable Tree Frog which is now and forever sold out) and pleny of copies of The Ride Home on hand, which will also be available at the AdHouse table (W36 & W37), where I'll be no doubt standing behind from time to time....

See you there!
Visit the Tragic Planet!

LetsMeetUpInParadise240

Post by LetsMeetUpInParadise240 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:46 pm

Going to be volunteering there. Went to the pre SPX party tonight and got to shake hands with Jeff Smith very briefly.

Should be a good show. Looking forward to it. :)
Remember to breathe.....

Joey

Post by Joey » Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:20 am

SPX was fantastic. I really loved seeing everyone who I only get to see a couple times a year (if I'm lucky!).

This was probably my best SPX yet! Definitely was sales-wise. I sold out of Tales of Unusual Circumstance #3, and came back with only one copy of The Ride Home! I felt bad not having any new minis since last SPX, but I've got plans for a new one next year, so I can make that up, perhaps...

A big topic of conversation was my beard which was caught on film (along with several other greats including Mr. Jamie Tanner)!

Eh. I'm not so into it. But I did get lots of compliments, making me consider keeping it. We'll see.

Anyway, thanks for everything you guys! And for those of you who I met for the first time I was really nice meeting you! See you next time!
Visit the Tragic Planet!

Dresden Codak

Post by Dresden Codak » Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:45 pm

I was there and I saw some people! Also some people gave me money in exchange for things. Good times.